MoF Day 24: That Idiot

**This is some begrudging Peter/Harley bonding. I have this personal headcannon that Peter can deal with Tony's ego, but when he is face to face with Harley's incredibly arrogance for the first time, he just can't deal with it. Of course, it's all a show (Harley is secretly such a sweet heart) but I just really love that idea. It's a mix of fluff and angst, but mostly fluff at the end. Enjoy!**

Peter hated him. Okay, so maybe hated was a strong word, but there was just something so frustrating about sharing the lab with such an idiotic maniac!

"Catch!" Harley yelled, throwing a wrench over his shoulder. Peter barely caught it, his flailing hand wrapping around the cold metal. Peter let out a low growl.

"Got a problem back there?"

"No," Peter said, his voice cold like the wrench in his hand. "Just don't like being thrown things from behind my back."

Harley snickered. "You've got a spider-sense for a reason, right? Tony said you can sense stuff before it happens."

Peter rolled his eyes. He hated the flicker of jealousy that sparked up when Harley said 'Tony'. Besides, Spiderman was... was the only thing that only Peter and Tony shared, and now it was something Peter had to share with Harley, too.

"Whatever." Peter focused back on his work. The soldering iron was hot, and even through his gloves, Peter could feel the heat. He just had to connect these two...

"Ah!" Holding up the circuit, Peter smiled to himself with pride. He'd been working on it for weeks now, but with everything finally done, he was ready to show Tony. It wasn't particularly impressive, but Peter had basically created a new mod for FRIDAY, something to 'plug-in' to the QuinJet for secondary encryption of mission data.

Harley turned around. "What'd you make?"

"Secondary encryption program and storage for FRIDAY in the QuinJet."

Harley laughed. "You're tryna' mess with FRIDAY's coding? You think that's a good idea?"

The southern drawl in Harley's voice made Peter bristle. A shiver ran down his back - was he really getting worked up over this?

"I actually help Tony with all sorts of coding, Harley. It's part of my job here."

The blond scoffed. "Mmhm. I'm sure you're a top notch computer nerd, but no one is as nerdy as Tony."

Peter nearly choked. "Don't you dare call Tony a nerd!"

"Woo, found a sore spot, then. Don't worry about it, 'kay? Tony will probably like the effort."

Peter was red in the face, both blush and rage heating the teen's cheeks. "You're a fucking idiot."

"I, dear Petey, am actually an engineering genius," Harley teased, holding up what appeared to be a very simple recreation of Steve's shield. "I'm working on multi-layered rings. Save the Vibranium for the center and the edge, and then work on weight and flexibility for the middle ring."

Peter laughed, his head tilted back. It was just too funny. Too stupid. Too egotistical. Sure, Tony could get like this at times, but Peter always knew how to tease back, how to tell the ego from the real, honest Tony. And Tony deserved to be a little egotistical! He was a goddamn billionaire! And a hero! And Peter's best father figure so far!

"You're unbelievable."

Harley smirked. "I know. It's hard to imagine I'm not only a pretty face, I'm also a genius. And funny, too."

Peter turned, closed his eyes, and put his hands on the table. It wasn't the time for a fight. It wasn't the time for- what was that smell?

Peter pulled his hand away from the soldering iron as his palm began to blister and bleed, the smell of burning flesh wafting through the lab strongly.