Raids and Rewards

**Requested by DeidraGregerson6 as a prequel to "The Fight". This tells the story of how Tony finds and eventually adopts Peter, Wanda, and Pietro. I hope y'all enjoy, it was fun to write Soft!Tony. There's isn't so much of a timeline here. Just assume it's everyone post-Civil War but Wanda, Pietro, and Peter are kids.**

Tony and Steve were in the cockpit of the Quinjet, checking the last minute essentials. This was going to be one of the biggest HYDRA bases ever busted by the team, and if their intel was correct, they were looking at nearly 50 thousand men.

SHEILD was backing them up, of course, but it was still going to be an uphill battle. Sure, half of those guys were going to be the scientists and doctors working at the facility, but still. A lot of men.

"What are we planning on doing with all the lab stuff?" Bruce stuck his head through the door suddenly.

"I don't know," Steve said, looking over at Tony, who just shrugged.

"Take what you want, I guess, but don't take anything dangerous. And don't tell Fury."

Bruce nodded and headed back out to the main area of the jet.

"Tony," Steve started, disappointment already pretty heavy in his voice.

"Don't worry about it, Cap. It's fine."

The two were silent again, each one going over the plan in their heads. Once they were in the facility, they'd split into two groups and each take an entrance, work their way into the middle, where the main offices, highest security cells, and most confidential labs would be. It was a perfect plan. Well, as perfect as you could get when you were dealing with HYDRA.

Steve and Tony jolted slightly as the jet started the decent towards the field a few miles from the base. To make sure they were unseen, the team would be hiking into the base, keeping a low profile.

The Quinjet touched down with a soft jerk, and Steve let out a breath. He hated flying, but he never really mentioned it. There was something unsettling about flying through the sky, he thought. A lot of modern technology made the man uneasy, but he tried to keep it on the down low.

"You goo?" Tony said, cocking his head to the side.

"Yeah," Steve said. "Fine."

The team of superheroes made their way down the center aisle of the jet and out the door at the back. It was go time.

The trek into the base wasn't actually too bad. SHIELD agents met the team halfway, and then the whole group split up and went around opposite sides of the base. Tony's team, which was comprised of a dozen SHIELD agents, Natasha, Clint, Bruce, and Rhodey, waited patiently for Steve's signal from the back of the base. The comms sparked to life and as soon as they heard the Captain say "Go" everyone got to work.

HYDRA bases were like ant hills. As soon as Tony shot the door of the hinges, operatives and agents poured out at the heroes.

The fighting was loud and if it hadn't been for how snug the comms fit in everyone's ears, it would have drowned out the Avengers' voices. "We've got a shit ton of people out here," Tony shouted, firing his blasters at a couple guys giving Natasha trouble.

"Sending back up."

Sure enough, Bucky and Sam came through the doors in a matter of minutes and quickly got to work. It wasn't much of a fight with the extra back up, and the team made quick work of the remaining agents.

Heading inside, Tony ran straight into Steve with a grunt.

"They must have gotten a tip, there's not nearly as many guys as we thought would be here."