Anger Management

**This is the second Halloween chapter, which means...

 Only 21 more days until the big Spooktacular!!! The hint this week is actually a line from the story. Just one line. "Sure, Peter was still pretty uncomfortable, but he was sure that Ned sleeping over would only cause his friends to think he was even more insane than they already thought, especially if the coffee thief didn't come back." Who is the mysterious coffee thief? Why are Ned and MJ so worried? Keep in mind that chapter is over 10k words, so it's kind of a whole book by itself.

Anyways, enjoy this special Halloween chapter starring Bruce Banner, who 100% looks like Carlos from Welcome To Night Vale! It's kind of hurt/comfort, and it's a real "Howard's Grade A Parenting" spotlight, but I thought it was spooky at the end. Enjoy!!**

Bruce Banner had a secret. It was hidden under glasses and a lab coat and messy curls and that shy demeanor, but it was there. Lurking. Always waiting. It wasn't entirely hard to hide, especially when he wasn't a valuable spy or super-powered soldier. He could always slip away from the Tower unnoticed for a few days, and even if his secret happened to interfere with a mission, Bruce had gotten very good at coming up with excuses as to why he had to stay behind.

Except this time. This time, Fury had been addiment about Bruce coming along.

"Anyone seen Brucie Bear?" Tony asked, looking around the penthouse. The team was heading out for their mission soon and Bruce wasn't even packed yet.

Natasha looked up. "Nope. Last time I saw him, he was in the labs, something about a dangerous experiment and that he had to be in the Hulk room for a bit."

The Hulk room was where Bruce went when he couldn't control the Hulk. It was completely steel reinforced, and sealed completely, so there was no chance of the Hulk breaking down a wall, and whenever Tony and Bruce were working on particularly dangerous experiments that were at a higher risk of exploding, they would go in there to minimalize the damages, but they usually forwent the "Hulk-proof sealing" when it was just a project.

"What is he possibly-" Tony mumbled to himself, his words dying out as he turned and headed for the elevator to head down to the labs and to hopefully pull Bruce out of the Hulk room so he could get ready to go.

When Tony got down there, he banged on the thick door and shouted for Bruce. After a moment, Tony checked the edge of the door and found that Bruce had sealed it as if he was actually having an episode.

"FRIDAY, can you still access the Hulk room? Is Bruce having an episode?"

"I can, sir, and no, he is not. He appears to be fine," Friday said, her Irish accent thick. "Would you like me to pass along a message to Dr. Banner?"

"Yeah, can you tell him it's almost time for the team to leave? He needs to pack if he wants to leave on time."

There was a few moments of silence before FRIDAY spoke again, relaying Bruce's reply back to Tony. "Dr. Banner would like you to please leave. He said that when the room is sealed, it cannot be reopened until he gives the go-ahead, and he does not want to go."

Tony pinched the bridge of his nose. "Does he think that will be enough for Fury to drop the topic?"

"I believe he is hoping to be left alone sir."

"Well, I believe he is acting like a child! I'm not going to cover for him with Fury - fucking Fury, who makes the artic seem like the 7th circle of hell - unless he tells me what is going on."

There was a moment of silence again as FRIDAY relayed the message. After another moment, Tony realized that his words were pretty harsh, especially when considering how good of a friend Bruce was to Tony.