Just The Place

**Request from ElentiyaSpirit where Peter meets the X-Men!! This one was so fun and silly to write, especially because I got to put some Deadpool in there! I used some Night Vale stuff for the villain, lets see who can catch the reference... I hope you enjoy!**

Spiderman threw punch after punch, slinging webs across the fights and dodging hits with skillful grace. His heart thumped painfully against his chest as he fought the slimey creatures, unsure of what this attack meant in the greater scheme of things. Was this some new super-villain or just a freak accident? As he punched and fought each one to the ground, they slowly melted into a gooey puddle, spilling over Peter's shoes and making a horrible splashing sound as he moved around.

"Hey, Spidey!" A familiar voice rang over the field, making the superhero startle.

"Deadpool, glad you could join us."

The mercenary got right into the fight, the flash of his swords in the sunlight and the sound of bullets popping blending into the commotion of the webs thwipping over heads and against slimey bodies, and the sound of wet, squelching punches landing.

"What the hell are these things?" Deadpool shouted over the fighting.

"No idea," Peter yelled back. "They seem to have a hive-mind, though! They're moving in patterns."

Deadpool kept an eye on the creatures, who were indeed moving in a strange pattern-like way. They nearly identical, which made the whole thing so much more weird and creepy, especially when a whole group would surge forward at the two superhumans at once.

Deadpool sliced his katanas through a group of creatures, happy to see that the tide was thinning a bit. Spiderman was starting to notice the fight slowing down, too, and he gave his all as they rounded up the last of the creatures.

"What were those things?" Wade asked Peter when the last of the creatures was down and melting.

"No idea," the teen responded honestly. "I just happened to walk in on them moving a whole bunch of this equipment."

Peter gestured to the machinery and tools scattered around the field, all seeming to come from the warehouse nearby. Wade bent to check some of it out, trying to gauge what it could be or what it would be used for. The panels were all written in English, which was nice, but the screens were all dark, so he really couldn't tell what it was all for.

Peter pulled out his phone. "I'm going to try calling the Avengers."

The phone rang a few times, never a good sign, but Tony eventually picked up. "Hey, kiddo. I'm pretty busy over here, what's up?"

Sounds of a fight came through the phone, making Peter wince. "I just took down a whole swarm of these weird slimey-"

"Slimey creatures? Like aliens?" Tony filled in his mentee's words.

"Yeah, exactly. You guys fighting the same things?"

Tony was quiet for a moment and Peter strained to hear the sound of the repulsers going off.

"Yeah, I tried calling SHIELD, but they don't have any idea what these things are. Wanna dig some information up for me?"

Peter said he'd do his best, then said goodbye and hung up. "They have nothing, SHIELD is lost, too. Got any ideas?"

Wade bit his lip, thinking. "I think I know just the place."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wade Wilson," Professor X said when he saw the familiar red and black suit. "Finally decided to join us and leave the mercenary days behind?"

The man laughed, throwing his head back and nearly knocking Peter in the forehead. "No, no, I get paid way too well to come live in this dusty place. I just wanted to run something by you."