Careful (5+1)

**First time I've done one of these, haha! *nervously looks at the readers* okay so give me any feedback you have please... Thank you! I hope you enjoy it! It's super long, like over 6,000 words, I am so sorry!**

5 times Peter Parker failed to be careful, and the one time Tony did.

~1~

Ned and Peter made their way downtown, to a comic shop that was having a special Star Wars event. Ned, ever the prequel fan, was dressed like Jar Jar Binks, while Peter was decked out in a replica Mandalorian outfit.

"Meesa has a problem," Ned said, imitating Jar Jar's squeaky voice.

Peter scrunched up his face. "I don't think I like that, dude, can we just talk like normal people?"

"No, no, no," Ned squeaked, shaking his head and hands. "Isa how meesa speaks!"

"I will leave right now."

"Sorry, okay, I'll stop," Ned said, dropping the voice. "I was just gonna say you took off your helmet and that's a huge no-no."

Peter laughed. "I had to see where I was going, dude, the way or not."

The two laughed at that for a bit, smiling at one another. It was a only a few more blocks until the comic store, and they quickly started chattering about the new Lego set coming out later that month and fan theories about the upcoming movie.

Peter's sense flared suddenly, and he reacted without thinking. Ned felt Peter's hands on his back, then he was falling onto hard pavement, barely catching himself with his hands.

There was a squealing of tires, then a horrible, sickening crunch. A car had jumped the curb, and Peter was caught between the front bumper and the brick wall behind him.

"Peter!" Ned pushed himself up and rushed over to his friend while a crowd began to form around them. Someone was calling 911, another was trying to get the driver of the car out of the crumpled space behind the wheel.

"Peter, can you hear me?" Ned knew there was no need to shout, Peter would hear him. The other teen nodded, his head lolling slightly.

"Where's the pain?"

"'m stomach." Peter whimpered as he took a breath. It had been quite a while since he'd been this badly hurt. Sure, stabbings and shootings and a few fractures or scrapes were common, but being crushed like this? This was unusual and definitely hurt the most.

"Karen, I need diagnostics."

The AI went to work, and Ned got a text not a minute later.

Karen: Peter sustained several injuries, including a fractured sternum, punctured lung, severe crush injuries in the abdominal cavity, and a shrapnel injury to the right thigh. I am also picking up a concussion.

Ned swore to himself softly. "Peter, you're gonna be fine."

There was another text, this time with vital signs. Ned scanned them quickly.

"It's not nearly as bad as that warehouse incident, but I wanna get you out of there and to Bruce, okay? Can you move at all?"

Peter nodded, taking a shallow breath. His eyes found Ned's, and they shared a moment of silent communication. There was a time and place for secret identities, but right now, Peter needed to get out of there. Peter put his hands on the bumper of the car and pushed.

The sound of scraping metal was piercing and Peter almost lost consciousness because of it. Damn enhanced hearing.

Ned watched patiently. He didn't need a lot of space, just enough to get him out of there and onto the flat ground. After a few minutes, there was just enough space, and Ned scrambled over the hood of the car.