Customs

**Request by BethanyGregerson where Peter and the others have to explain to Loki and Thor about some of the American customs they take part in. I know you originally asked for just Veteran's day, but I got carried away, haha. Its shorter than my usual work, sorry... Enjoy!**

"Toss me a couple energy bars," Tony said, gesturing to the box behind Peter. The teen turned and threw a couple at his mentor, watching as he packed them in the 4 paper bags he had sitting out on the counter.

"Did you put the cookies in Sam's bag?" Peter asked. "I specifically put aside Sam's favorites."

"Yep," Tony said, rummaging around and filing them out of the bag for Peter to see before dropping them back in.

"All set, then!"

The two men made their way to the living room couch, collapsing on the plush cushions and letting out a sigh. It was the Sunday before Veteran's day, and as always, Steve, Bucky, Sam, and Rhodey were going to be out all day. They liked to visit those in the VA hospital, or kids whose parents are away on service, or attend events honoring those who served. It was a big part of who they were.

Just as Peter was falling asleep, he heard a familiar crack of lightning. "Thor?"

Tony scrunched up his face. "He didn't say anything about stopping by."

The two went back to watching whatever it was that was on the TV when the elevator dinged and heavy footsteps got closer.

"Stark! Son of Stark!" The God of thunder boomed, his eyes lighting up and his lips turning up into a massive smile. "I came for, how you put it, a surprise!"

Peter jumped up and gave Thor a hug, looking over his shoulder at the shadowy figure behind him.

"Loki!" Jumping off the couch, the teen ran to the robed man and gave him a tight hug. He was the only one of the whole team who could give Loki hugs without almost certain death and torture and a million other things they didn't dare risk. Loki returned the hug with just as much love, his face twisting into a half smile.

"Peter," he said softly. "It's been too long, goodness, you've grown?"

"No, I'm still the same size," Peter assured him.

"Hmmm."

"What are you two doing so late?" Thor asked. It was late, actually, almost 1:30, but Peter and Tony hadn't even noticed. After all, they were the kings of staying up late.

"We were packing lunches for the guys for tomorrow," Tony said, jerking his head towards the kitchen.

Thor and Loki furrowed their brows. "Why are you packing lunches? Where are they going?" Thor asked.

"I think Steve and Bucky are going to an event at the World War 2 memorial, and Rhodey has a thing as the VA for injured vets, and Sam is giving a few talks at some of the local schools."

Thor shot a glance at his brother, who didn't have any more of an idea as to what was going on than Thor did.

Peter looked between the two bewildered gods for a second before he gasped and put it all together.

"You guys have no idea what Veteran's day is, do you?"

The two Asgardians shook their heads, and Tony made a little 'o' with his mouth as he realized what Peter was implying.

"Okay, so Americans have this holiday where we celebrate people who serve in the military and stuff. Since Steve and Bucky were both in World War 2, they are going to go see other vets who served in that war, as well as the memorial to those who dies. Rhodey is going to see injured vets, because he can sympathize and bring them at least a little happiness, and Sam is going to some of the local schools to talk about what he did in the military, and to see some of the kids of service members now," Peter explained, pausing every now and hen to see if Thor and Loki were following.

"So you set aside a whole day to talk about people who served in your military? Like you set aside a day for mothers and fathers?" Loki clarified.

"And labor workers," Tony pitched in. "I do an event for the workers here at SI for labor day every year."

"That's... very honorable," Thor said, his eyebrows raising slightly. "I'd like to participate!"

Peter laughed and Tony couldn't help but smirk. "Alright, Point Break, we'll see if someone wants a shadow tomorrow."

The God of thunder beamed, looking like a little puppy, and no one could help but smile.