Goodbyes and Greetings

**Request for galaxy_404 where Morgan and Peter are fighting the baddies, but things don't go as planned. this one is kind of a sequel to the "Takes One To Know One" one-shot I did a while back, but Tony's... well, Tony isn't with us anymore. I promise it'll make sense, but it is so sad :( In any case, enjoy!**

"I told you... Not... To follow me," Morgan grunted between blows.

"And I... Told you... I don't miss the... action," Peter grunted back, webbing a gun away from one of the gang members. He leaped backwards, dodging a couple hits and flinging his wrists out to web another gang member against the far wall.

"Well... I think... I can handle... myself," Morgan retorted. She lifted a hand and shot a blast of lasers.

Peter didn't have time to respond, so he just focused on his work. The young man had been tracking his gang base for months after seeing them take out a whole group of school kids in a drive by. They had been aiming for the laundry mat front for a rival gang, but got the kids instead. Nothing made that okay to Peter.

He webbed another gun away from a tall, bulky man and yanked backwards. Catching it in his free hand, the Spiderling whipped around and pistol whipped another baddie.

"Karen," he huffed out. "Where are the police?"

Normally Peter and Morgan didn't rely on the police to be their back up, but this was a special case. This was a massive bust. This was going to put a real dent in New York's crime and, more than that, this was too big for even the superhero duo.

"Can you call..." Peter paused, thinking. Who could he call? "Can anyone you can."

The AI gave a word of agreement, and Peter got back to focusing.

Morgan dodged some bullets and a few punches, then shot a wide spray of lasers at the crowd of gang members surrounding her.

Her sudden gasp of pain made Peter whip around, and he dove over the crowd between himself and his sister. She was on the ground, her leg bent at a funny angle even through the metal armor.

"Isn't that stuff supposed to be bullet proof?" Peter asked, picking the girl up bridal style and dodging bullets.

"I did my chest plate, I just haven't gotten to the rest yet."

Peter scoffed and webbed his way up the side of a building and began to swing away. "Hold on," he told the teen before he catapulted into the air and began to swing away.

Morgan didn't say much as they swung around the city, finally landing in a little ally.

Peter tapped his watch and let his suit retract from around him. Morgan did the same and quickly applied pressure to her leg. Peter tore off part of his shirt and tied it tightly around the girl's thigh, ignoring her wince of pain. He just had to stop the bleeding.

"You didn't have to stop fighting all together," Morgan whispered. "You could have kept going and I would have flown away."

Peter didn't say anything.

"I mean it, Pete. You don't have to keep swinging in to save me all the time."

"I do, though," Peter said quietly. He was trying to stay calm, but it was getting harder and harder to do so. He'd had this conversation with Morgan so many times.

"You don't! I know how to tie a tourniquet, I know how to get out of scrapes, I know how to-"

"Stop it, Morgan!" Peter cut the teen off. "I know you can take care of things, I know you can clean up wounds, hell, I know you know how to get out of bad situations! But you don't need to do it alone, okay?"