38

A CHAOTIC CHRISTMAS - PART TWO

As all the campers stand around Thalia's tree, holding their presents, Chiron announces that they can all grab their presents and go to the Big House.

'It's cold − I think it would be better to sit there, drink hot chocolate and open our presents.'

The campers nod and rush off towards the Big House as Dionysus picks up Chiron's present and his.

Dionysus looks at the centaur, 'Well, are we going or not?'

Chiron laughs and nods his head. He starts to trot down the hill as Dionysus follows behind. They reach the Big House, inside which, all fourteen campers, are sitting in a circle, shaking around their presents.

Chiron smiles, 'Alright let's open our presents now.'

The demigods cheer and rip open their presents.

Nico lets out a short and very undignified scream as he sees a rainbow top-hat in his box. All heads turn to him and Nico's eyes widen. Unknown to Nico there's a wide smirk on Sherman's face − he knew it.

Austin screams when he sees his present. It's a sheet filled with music and looks to be an original composition. Austin reads through the notes, flips the paper over and then screams again − oh my gods, this is a wonderful piece and he can't wait to play it.

Nico lets out a breath as he sees Austin grin at the sheet of music. It was just something he'd written a while ago − he's glad Austin likes it.

Harley rips open his present and gasps as he sees what's inside. It's a blueprint for an automaton − and it's awesome! Harley looks around and an infectious grin lights up his face. Best present ever!

Sherman looks at the spear and he has to catch his breath. It's the same spear Clarisse nicked Percy with − the one Percy broke. And now it's fixed.

Kayla opens up her box to see... a duck? She picks it up and takes a close look at it. And then she realizes that it's a radio of some sort and she presses a play button she sees. Immediately, one of her favorite songs starts to play. She squeals and holds the cute little duck close.

Miranda gasps and pulls Katie towards her as the two sisters admire the gardening tool.

Travis screams a very manly scream as he sees a list of every single prank he's ever pulled − 'Dude, Connor, look at this thing!'

A grin finds its way onto Dionysus's face as he pulls a wine goblet out of his box. He's going to have fun drinking out of this when he's back on Olympus.

Will groans when he sees a bright-yellow shirt which says, 'Hello Sunshine!' on it. He's sure this was either one of the Stolls or Mr. D. Nico giggles as he looks at it − 'I'll get a "Hello Darkness!" shirt and then we can match.' Will likes his present slightly more after that.

Pollux opens up his box to find a rolled up piece of paper in it. He sees that it's a set of blueprints and as he opens them up, he gasps − they're renovation plans for his cabin. And gods are they amazing. There's a nice little sweater inside as well, which says, "Wine Dude Junior". Pollux laughs as he reads it.

Malcolm opens up his box and finds a set of old books inside. Malcolm racks his brain to think of where they might have come from − he's been in every single place in camp which might have any books and he's never come across these. He smiles and admires the volumes.

Katie gasps as she admires her charm bracelet. After it broke, she lost it and she didn't find it after that. But here it is − fixed, polished and in her hands.