01

A RAINBOW MESS

'Rainbow streamers?' Jason calls out to the group as someone yells back a yes. 'Alright, cool.'

'LEO VALDEZ. YOU LITTLE SHIT. COME BACK HERE.' Piper yells, running after the elvish demigod.

'No, no... HARLEY!!! It's going to-' Nyssa groans as the confetti cannon explodes and takes her little brother's hand.

'Move it a bit to the right. No, not my right! Your right, Seaweed Brain.' Annabeth tells her boyfriend as he nods sheepishly and moves the banner which says, 'CAMP HALF-BLOOD PRIDE'.

'Hey, can someone hand me the blue paint?' Rachel asks as her frizzy red- Well, it's not red, her hair is covered in purple and pink paint. Everything's covered in all sorts of colors, actually. Yellow, white, black, grey, purple, orange, pink, red, blue, green... At this point, camp is just one big multi-colored mess. A rainbow mess, if you will.

'Uh, Hazel... Should we help?' Frank asks his golden-eyed girlfriend as she shudders and shakes her head.

'Please, no. This is a mess.' Hazel says, looking out at the scene ahead of her. Hazel's right, there are campers everywhere, covered in paint and streamers. Jason and Reyna keep announcing orders to a group of demigods as they nod and mock-salute.

Rachel and a few kids from the Apollo cabin are making a few posters and pictures to hang up everywhere. The Hephaestus kids are in charge of decorations which are currently being replaced by the Stolls for faulty ones.

The Ares kids are... actually helping out. They were a bit wary of the idea at first but when one of their siblings came out as gender-fluid, well let's just say anyone who tries to tease the kid ends up with a few punches, broken ribs and a stab possibly?

The Aphrodite kids are doing a face-painting stall and Will and Nico are now sporting a rainbow on their cheeks.

The Iris cabin... Well, they're everywhere really. Painting, drawing, running; They're doing it all.

Katie, Miranda and their siblings are growing beautiful flowers with all sorts of colors and decorating their cabins with it, going around to all the other cabins, putting the roses in the windowsills.

And uh... Someone decided to paint the Hades a bit. The black cabin is now splattered with the smallest amount of paint. Leo got in trouble for that, Nico made a few skeletons chase him around for a bit, before Will started to yell at him and dragged him off to the infirmary.

Banners are hanging in front of all the cabins, a rainbow flag is flying proudly on the flagpole.

Camp really is a big rainbow.

'CAMPERS, SETTLE DOWN.' Chiron booms as the hoard of demigods stop whatever they were doing. 'All of you have made a mess, a very interesting mess though. Now, if you would all enter the Dining Pavilion to eat something, it would be greatly appreciated. You can continue with this later.'

The demigods salute and scatter to their separate group of friends as they talk among themselves, heading to dinner.

'Aw!! Nico, the matching rainbows are so cute!' Hazel coos, pinching her brother's cheek. Nico goes a bright red and starts to sputter nonsense as Will rolls his eyes and answers for him.

'I know, right? He looks adorable.' Nico goes even redder if that's possible and buries his head in Will's shoulder.

'He does, he does. But, camp looks even better.' Jason says, looking back proudly on all the decorations. A chorus of "trues" is heard from the seven, Reyna, Rachel, Nico and Will as they all burst into laughter.

'Bro, you sure you aren't secretly bi or something?' Percy asks Jason as the blond boy rolls his eyes.

'No bro, I'm not. I am the straight-est, cis-est, whitest demigod here but... Are you sure though?' Percy smirks and shrugs as Jason chuckles a bit, muttering something about how he got such an idiot for a best friend.

'What do you guys think? Should I put an rainbow flag on my cheek or not?' Rachel thinks out loud.

'Rachel, you are a rainbow right now.' Annabeth says, motioning to the girl's clothes. Rachel furrows her eyebrows in confusion and looks down at her shirt.

'Oh.' Rachel smiles and giggles. Her purple shirt is covered in yellow and white, jeans which were already covered in paint now pink and blue. 'Well more color never hurt anyone.' Grabbing a paintbrush and a set of paints from her pocket, Rachel turns Annabeth's head to the side, bringing the brush to the girl's cheek.

'No, no.' Annabeth says, shaking her head.

'Yes, yes.' Rachel repeats as Annabeth sighs, giving in so the red-haired girl can paint a rainbow on her cheek.

'Guys, IDEA!' Leo says suddenly, removing his arm from Calypso's shoulder. 'WE CAN-'

'No, Leo.' Reyna says as Leo starts to whine. 'But you didn't even hear what I said.'

'But we all know it's going to be something crazy.' Nico says, his voice monotone.

'And that makes a difference how?' Leo asks, throwing a fireball in the air. Percy counters with a ball of water and as a fight ensues between the two in the air, the group sits down at the son of Poseidon's table.

'It makes a difference because knowing you Leo, you'll set yourself on fire, blow up a few confetti cannons and run around camp while we chase you and you would still be on fire.' Frank says, shaking his head. Leo groans and slumps in his seat.

'Hey mamacita, do you agree with Mr. Iguana over here?' Leo asks his girlfriend as Calypso turns to him, tilting her head.

'What have I told you about calling me that?'

'That I shouldn't.'

'Then why are you?'

'Because I like breaking rules.' Leo deadpans as Calypso sighs in frustration and continues to bicker with the son of Hephaestus. As the two continue to playfully yell at each other, the demigods get up from the table, burning their food to the gods.

'Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbows, please accept my offering and show me Sally Jacks-Blofis, whatever it is.' Percy says, throwing a drachma in the air.

Sally lets out a yelp as she sees Percy, 'Dear god, Percy... You scared me.'

'Hey mom, what's up?' Percy asks as the group of demigods behind him wave.

'What's up is that you are wearing a rainbow shirt, you have "PRIDE" painted on your forehead and as amazing as you look, my merman... If you're bisexual or something Percy, you do know you can tell me, right?' Percy groans and buries his face in his hands.

'I'm not bi, mom.' Sally chuckles and shakes her head at her son.

'The nickname is wonderful, Mrs. Blofis.' Annabeth says, stifling a laugh.

'Oh, you all should know by now to call me Sally.' She scolds as Estelle runs up to her.

'Mommy!! Mommy! I wanna see Pewcy!!' The little girl says as Sally picks her up.

'Oh, Mrs. Blofis, she's so cute!' Hazel says, smiling softly.

'That's true, Sally... Some girl you got there.' Piper says with a grin. As the campers continue to coo over Estelle and talk to Sally, something explodes behind them, well more like over them.

As the demigods stand there, covered in rainbow slime... one single, perfectly harmonized yell resonates through the Dining Pavilion, 'LEO!!!!!!'

_____

Requests are open, PM me if any of you have an idea for future oneshots. <3