47

Author's note: Hey you guys! My YouTube date thing has sadly gone down the drain, so sorry about that. I started writing it and wasn't really getting any inspo. This is the one I started out writing but then left thinking I would do the chaotic YouTube one. But that didn't work out, so I came back to this. It's almost 2k so I'm happy that it's sorta long! I hope you guys like it, and I promise that I will write the YouTube one too, just when I have some inspiration to do that! 

Oh and also, a little percabeth oneshot is coming soon, to all my Louis Tomlinson fans out there, this is for you ;)

And for me. Because I'm a Louis Tomlinson fan―

But yeah, hope you guys like this!

***

DOUBLE DATES

"Magnus and Alex are Norse demigods," Annabeth had said. "Alex is gender-fluid, so ask for pronouns first," she'd said. "They're a little chaotic," she'd said.

Will had had no clue what Norse demigods were till Nico had sat down with him and explained everything. So now he knew that they were Norse. Will knew to ask for pronouns. Will had no problem with them being chaotic. But the one thing Annabeth had not said was they were dead.

Out of all the damn things Annabeth said, she couldn't have mentioned that the mystery couple were dead. Like not alive, not fucking breathing ― well technically they were breathing, because they were alive ― but they were dead! How did that even work? They were dead, but they weren't? Besides that little loophole, the only thing Will was thinking about was all the patients he could've saved. If they'd just ended up like the blond boy who looked like a young Kurt Cobain, and the green-haired girl, then every single person he hadn't managed to save might've been alive. Not alive-alive, but not dead.

That would've meant everything to Will. All those faces he'd seen only glimpses of before they fell to the floor, blood seeping out of their bodies, tainting the grass red. All the people he'd been so so close with. All the people he loved. If they were like Magnus and Alex, then they would still be here.

Will knew that wasn't possible. He knew that, he did ― Magnus was explaining it to him now as Nico and Alex talked. But what if it was possible? What if everyone he loved had gone to this hotel place? Almost all of them had died with a weapon in their hand. Why couldn't they have gone there? Why not Lee and Michael? Why not Ivory? 

He knew, goddammit, he knew. He knew why they couldn't have to gone to Hotel Valhalla. They weren't Norse demigods. But how was it fair that so many of these Norse demigods could live their lives out in peace? Sure, they were waiting for the whole world-ending thing like Magnus was explaining. But they would be safe till then. 

And anyway, Will thought, wouldn't it be better to be peacefully dead/alive for what? Centuries maybe, and just stay there? When the world would end, you would fight, and you would die once and for all. But it wasn't like that for the Greeks, or the Romans. They trained their entire lives to do nothing but save the world. 

Will had ended up in Camp Half-Blood when he was seven, and all he'd ever done was train and train and train. He'd lived his life in constant fear, and he knew it had been the same for the Norse guys too, but Will couldn't help but think. 

He let out a breath, and nodded to Magnus. "Yeah, yeah, I get it now," he said, smiling. 

Magnus tilted his head, his shoulder length hair falling to the side as he did so. "You sure, dude? You seem like you spaced out for a bit."