40

Author's note: FORTIETH ONESHOT, YOU GUYS! I am so happy about this and thank you for all of the wonderful comments and votes! Read on for this shitty oneshot I wrote in like five minutes. Maybe I should've written a nice happy long one but whatever.

Also, this is a small throwback:

And yes, that is the cover I had for Three Days Together before

And yes, that is the cover I had for Three Days Together before. I was horrible at graphics back then. Anyway, if anyone remembers Three Days Together when I literally just started writing it, blue cookies for you! Anyway, on with the oneshot! 

(Fair warning, it's not that good)

***

Reyna did not expect to see an adorable little girl yelling, "I'M GAY, I CAN'T WEAR A DRESS!" in the middle of Target. But yet, here she was.

Reyna cast a glance at the girl who looked to be five or so. She had wavy brown curls and brown eyes to match.

She was wearing a pair of jeans and a cute shirt which had a unicorn on it. There was a tall man standing next to her, who was holding a light green dress.

He had unruly black hair and dark brown eyes. His light brown skin and prominent cheekbones led Reyna to believe that he probably wasn't American. 

She watched as the man sighed and said, "You're not gay. I'm gay," he pointed at the little girl, "You're five."

The little girl crossed her arms and pouted. "But I don't wanna dress, papa!"

The man sighed again, "You have to, Bianca. You have your birthday party on Saturday and your dad is going to kill me if I don't get you a nice dress."

The girl, Bianca, who Reyna realized was the man's daughter, looked up at her dad. "Daddy loves you and I don't think he would want to die, papa!"

The man sighed, and Reyna chuckled to herself quietly. He'd been sighing a lot.

"Please, Bia?"

Bianca shook her head and pouted. "I don't wanna dress!" She stuck her tongue out at her dad.

Reyna walked over to the two and knelt down next to Bianca. She waved to the man and turned to the little girl.

"Hello," Reyna waved. "Your name is Bianca, right?"

The girl nodded. 

"Well I'm Reyna."

Bianca nodded slowly, smiling. Reyna grinned and continued to talk.

"And I think you should wear this dress your dad is getting you."

The girl pouted again. "But I don't like it!"

Reyna chuckled quietly, "How come?"

"Because I wanna wear all black like papa!"

Reyna looked up at Bianca's dad. He was wearing all black. A black shirt and a black leather jacket and even black pants. She laughed, "Well, how about we get you a black dress?"

Bianca thought about it for a bit. "But I wanna wear blue like daddy!"

Reyna thought that "daddy" was probably her other dad. She nodded. "Ok, so how about we find you a blue and  a black dress? Is that okay?"

Bianca thought about the proposition for a while again. She nodded her head. Reyna grinned and stood up, taking the little girl's hand. She looked at the man and held out her other hand. "My name's Reyna, nice to meet you."

The man smiled at her and shook her hand. "Nico."

There was a scar on his cheek and he had crinkles around his eyes. Reyna looked at him for a moment longer and everything clicked.

"Ra-Ra!" a young boy of six yelled. He smiled at her, his brown eyes gleaming with joy.

Reyna, who was the person the boy had fondly called 'Ra-Ra' smiled and ran to him. She took his hands and they started to spin around in the grass, laughing and giggling. Finally, the two small children collapsed onto the green grass and laid down next to each other. 

"Ra-Ra," the boy asked, "Will we be best friends forever and ever?" He giggled.

The girl giggled too and then nodded, "Forever, Nico."

The memory flashed through Reyna's eyes before yet another enveloped her.

The girl and the boy were older now. They were eight and were doing their homework.

"Why is this so hard?" the boy asked, pouting a little. 

Reyna laughed, "Because it's homework, Neeks! I think the teachers like to be mean!"

She giggled and then Nico giggled and before they both knew it, they were on the floor, in a fit of laughter.

Reyna came back to the present. Her hand was still in Nico's. She looked at him and gulped visibly he was Nico. He was Neeks. He was her best friend.

They had been pulled apart from each other all too sudden. Reyna and her sister had moved away and then Nico had gained a new sister so they had to move away too and then everything was blurry. Reyna and Nico both missed each other too much to put into words but then life happened and they were forgetting each other.

Reyna had gradually started to forget Nico before he had completely been erased from her memory — her mind no longer being able to grip onto such old memories.

She was thirty-three now. All of this had happened almost three decades ago and yet today, every single memory was as clear as a looking glass.

"Nico," she said, her voice breathless.

It took the man a moment to realize who she was but then, the same, but younger more rounder face flashed through his eyes. She still hadn't changed her hairstyle. It was still in the same braid it had always been in.

"Reyna," he whispered.

And suddenly they were hugging and Reyna had let go of Bianca's hand to wrap her arms around Nico.

Nico. Nico. Nico.

Her Nico. They had been best friends. They had been siblings. He had been her brother and she had been his sister.

They had been family and then they were pulled away from each other.

Nico gripped onto her closer. Reyna. Reyna. Reyna. How could he have forgotten the one person he'd told everything too? How could he have forgotten his sister? Reyna and Nico seemed to hug forever. Their warm embrace seemed to bring back all the memories.

They held their hug till Bianca broke them apart and asked why they were hugging. Nico explained to her and then Bianca was all smiles.

It was safe to say that Bianca's father did not kill Nico that day. For Nico had not only gotten his daughter the perfect dress, but had also reunited with his childhood best friend.