Chapter 14

Lupin As in Arsène Lupin?

Lucienne pov

"Paint on a caution wind. 'Neath the bleeding sky. I called your name. There was no one there. In the cold and snow. I saw your face...." 

I run my fingers against the Piano keyboard softly as I'm still wearing my silk robe, "And we sang the song for the little thing. Magic call, but the joy you bring running me down the line. Wish you could find that love is a fragile thing. Magic call from the pretty thing. Maybe it might be time for a better day," I sang the chorus. Hope is sitting on the single armchair across me, hugging her legs as resting her back to the backrest. 

I wink at her as she rolls her eyes but can't help smiling, "Straight, from the path of love. In the road of life, I tumble forward. But it all went wrong my dreams forgone. I saw your face." I sang the second verse. I hear a doorbell ringing as Hope gets up from her seat to see whoever it is then I hear Chloe's voice along with Mazekeen, the demon who has trying to run away from me. I stop singing the song and went to see them.

"Luci, we have guests."

I bring a mortal's knife as I head to them, but hiding the knife behind my back. "Chloe! What a surprise to see you here," her eyes went wide and trying to look away as her cheeks went red. Hope clears her throat and pointed at my untie silk robe as I'm only in underwear, Hope takes a step closer to me and ties my robe before she returns to stand beside Chloe. 

"Uh, yes about that... I'm worried about Lucifer," Chloe replied. I look over her shoulders to see Maze, "how about you? Trying to kill me again?" I asked, revealing a knife in my hand that I've been hiding. Chloe's hand is immediately going to reach her gun while Hope staring at me and Maze in confusion, "kill you? Again?" I shifted my gaze to Hope, "Maze over there trying to kill me while you're saving kinder Joy from her evil side," I told her. "And Maze is trying to avoid me until now," I added. 

I throw the knife at her but she used Hope as her shield as my tribrid stopped the knife an inch away from her forehead, "I don't know whether you're desperate enough to come to me or spying on me." Hope hold the edge of the knife between her thumb and index finger and tossed it aside then she step aside, crossing her arms against her chest. "You have 30 seconds to tell me what the hell do you want before I smite you right here," I threatened the demon.

Maze raises both of her hands up in the air in surrender, "I'm tired of running, seeing as we are in same town. And I'm seeing someone, so I need to buy my freedom. This is me saying a white flag to you." I furrow my eyebrow, "apology... not accepted." I crossed my arms over my chest, "10 seconds left."