Chapter 6

AN: Mama angels will appear in some episode.

O, Ye of Little Faith, Father

Lucienne pov

#Lux

I step out of the elevator, "Luce, i'm here!" i shouted. "Tone down, sister. I can hear you loud and clearly," a very annoyed Luce said. I found him sitting alone on his leather couch wearing his red silk robe and underwear, "you look like hell, brother. Has our hell freezing over?" I chuckle. "Ha! Very funny, sister. I need you to do a favour for me," i motion him to continue, "i need you to cover for me." I arched my brow in confusion, "i need you to act like me as a civilian consultant and as the detective's partner."

"If i don't know you better, i would say you are avoiding her. So, spill!"

"Well, i had an interesting visitor last night. A Vatican priest named William Kinley," he picks up a name card. "Let me guess, he's an old man, bald hair, Vatican investigator, has a deep voice, and said something about Chloe. Am i right?" i asked him. "You are, sister. How did you know him?"

"Abbadon told me. She said that she met Chloe Decker at the Vatican and had met the same priest you saw last night few times. And i had met him a few years ago, his idea was extreme and obsessed in my opinion." I shrugged my shoulders, Luce immediately gets up from the couch and walking toward me in a fit of anger. "So, you knew that Detective wants to kill me and you didn't tell me!?"

I step aside to dodge his anger, "correction, brother. I don't know if Chloe wants to kill you, but this priest is hell-bent on exorcising us from the earth. Something about an old prophecy he heard," i told him. "I meant, sometimes, you were being oblivious, Luce. Chloe are not a believer and then she just discovered that the whole story in a bible, Qur'an book, and every holy book are true. That hell and heaven, evil and angel are not bedtime stories anymore. She needs a guide to help her then a priest came to offer his guide."

I sigh and look at my twin in pity, i went to him then pulling him closer to me for a hug. "Luce, i know the betrayal that Chloe did is painful for you to understand. But, in time you will learn to understand why did she do that," i whispered then pull away, "i will cover for you, take your times, brother, to figure everything out." I patted his shoulders, "well, Hope and i will."

"Can i ask you a question, sister?" 

I nod, gesture him to continue. "Why did you and Hope do everything together? I meant, after Hope betrayal with that bird. Why made you forgive her for everything?" he asked, getting serious. "To ease your pain, i will tell you why... Hope and Chloe are the same people, Luce, the difference between them are Hope isn't human and that's made her less difficult to understand our world while Chloe is a human. Which is harder for her to accept the reality. Another common thing they have is, they still have to learn from their mistakes they made. And that's where we have to play our role, Luce, to help them learn.." I paused and chuckling, "Hope has learned her mistake, so you have to be there for Chloe."