Chapter 12

It Will All be Painfully Clear Soon Enough pt I

Lucienne pov

After the Commonwealth's day, Hope tried not to fell asleep and insisted she wanted to spend a night with her dead-and-temporary-alive mother. She fell asleep on Hayley's lap and when i tried to move her to our penthouse, where every Mikaelson stays for a night in there, she only held Hayley harder. After so much persuasion from Hayley, she lets her go to do unfinished business then she will return to her only daughter.

I turn to look at my watch as it telling me that Hayley has few hours before the sun is rising and she has to return to her heaven. As i just turn around, i was startled by the former crescent wolf's figure behind me. I furrow my eyebrow at her, "i never tell you how grateful i am to you for everything you've done to me and Hope," she started while i take a seat at the empty spot and i motion her to continue.

"I saw everything from the other side and i'm happy that i left Hope with someone like you, someone Hope can rely on. When she triggers her vampire side, she will need you more than right now and she will have no one but you to teach her her new side. At first, i was worry about her. I knew the world can be cruel sometimes and i was worry if it overwhelmed her or what if she has no one to go or to lean on.... Then one of your siblings showed me how you treated her, you ease every worry i have. I owe you everything, Lucienne. So, thank you!"

I let out a small smile before it changes into a smirk, "does that mean I'm your favorite daughter-in-law?" wiggling my eyebrows at her as she rolls her eyes and shoves me playfully. "You are my only daughter-in-law," she said in a duh tone. She walks away and, probably, went to Hope and i room. "I know you love me, Hayley!" I shouted while following behind her. 

We enter our room to see Hope still sleep peacefully, Hayley went to wake up her only daughter. She shakes the tribrid gently, it takes few minutes for Hope to awake and aware of her surrounding. She turns to look at her mother then to me, "I'll be around if you need me," i said to the mother and daughter, giving them the space that they need.

I close the door and wait outside, leaning my back at the wall. "I saw everything from up there.... I want you to know that you have to stop blaming yourself for my death. You did not kill me, okay?" Hayley started. "You set me free, Hope. I'm at peace because of you, I'm not alone as Jackson and your grandparents are always there, remember?"

I hear Hope sobbing as Hayley continues, "you are not alone, Hope. You will always have Lucienne by your side." I close my eyes while my foot tapping against the floor as i'm humming a song. "So, promise me, Hope. You will stop blaming yourself, start living, and be happy with your not-so-angelic-at-all angel. Promise me, Hope?"

I can hear Hope start sobbing harder, "I-I... I promise, mom." I let out a small smile and continue humming the song. "I will keep watching you and our family from up there, Hope. And, please, i never want to see you in heaven later or tomorrow or next month. Not even next year. Not when you have an angel on your shoulders or i swear you will never hear the end of my wrath."

"My sweet, sweet, daughter, you've grown into a strong woman. Stronger than me." Hayley starts to cry, "you, my daughter, are the last Crescent pack and Mikaelson. I'm proud to be your mother and I want you to know that I'm always proud of you, Hope Andrea Mikaelson."

"I-I i love you, mom!" I look over at the window and see the skies are getting brighter and the sun will start to rise any minute, "and i love you too with every bit of my heart..... This is neither a goodbye nor see you later, okay? Be happy an---"