Chapter 23

Oh, Fuck!

Lucienne pov

"Luci, where are we exactly?"

We are strolling around the Chinese town of Los Angeles and step inside a tea store, the waiter looks up at me with a book on the menu in his hand. "Well, we are meeting Mom and Dad. Fun fact, they heard all the ruckus that we made. Isn't that awesome?!" I joked. 

"Sure, but... we are in a Chinese tea store..." she trailed off

"Yes, we are. Thank you for pointing it out..." I look up at the waiter, "I want two cups of heaven tea, scratch that, make it in a kettle without sugar. Oh, and three shrimp dumpling...!" I shifted my gaze to Hope, "do you want Gyoza?" she blinked her eyes twice in puzzlement. "I take that as yes... Four Gyoza, please."  

He cocked his brow before I flash him my devil eyes, his jaw dropped open in a big '0' form before scrabbling our order in his small note. "Follow me," he ushered.

"Is this kinda like a secret tunnel or something?" Hope whispered as the waiter led us to their secluded table. "Well, they are still on their honeymoon phase, it's just the ruckus we all made kinda reached their ears and they can't help but questioned whether it's a good choice to leave the future of heaven in our hands or not and yada yada yada," I answered.

"Okay... But who are they?" the waiter leans closer to a manager of this shop and whispers something as they look at us. "That waiter is a low-rank angel and the others are a cupid, this shop belongs to some Chinese woman who lived alone. She was sick and dying at that time but she couldn't just abandon this place easily, so Mom came down and convinced her to let this tea shop in return she would take her to her husband who had passed away before her."

"So, this place is like a Starbuck for Celestial creatures and God and Goddess?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "if you want to call it that way... However, Mother made this place a neutral ground for all her creatures. No bloods and violences are allowed to be shed on this ground," I explained. "C-Come with me, please," the cupid stammered. 

"What if someone breaks the rule??" Hope questioned out of curiousity.

"Well, you are ban from stepping a foot inside this shop," I replied. We followed the cupid until he takes us to a wooden door with bright yellow lighting the room, gently he pushed the door aside. 

"Okay, what if-..."

"Lucienne! Hope! My darling sweet, sweet, child!" 

A warm voice of Mother cutting off Hope's question as she greets us standing up from her seat and giving us a bear hug. She's wearing a simple black turtle neck with dark lipstick while Dad sits next to her chair with a white shirt and dark grey vest.