Chapter 18

AN: Merry Christmas everyone! Frohe Weihnachten! Happy Ho Ho Ho!

Nothing Ever Changes Around Here

Lucienne pov

After last night, Hope makes it clear that she still mad at me for being stupid and dumb. Her words, not mine. I have a lot to make up to her before she would return to her ray ball of sunshine persona again. Even our fur baby knows that I screw up big time. After that, both Az and Orion can't stay because there's no rest for angel of death and healer.

As Chloe wishes, I order all the demon to return to whatever Hell hole they were from. For this tonight's double date, I wear a black bodysuit and Hope wears a black dress with her hair ties in a messy bun. I stop at my track and take a moment to admire her, "you look gorgeous, love!" I hold my hand out to her as she rolls her eyes but links her hand to mine. 

"I'll take that as an, "I love you too, Luci."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I throw my car's key to the Valet's guy as we arrived, I hold my hand out to Hope to take as she links her hand to my bicep. We walk in to the place where Luce told me for the double date thingy, "How did Luce know this kind of place?" I hear Hope ask. "That is Luce, Hopey. He comes and goes wherever he likes and whenever he likes," I answered. "Uh-huh, what about you then?" she questioned.

"I was, and still, a waiting and chill person and wait for something interesting happened."

A bones stops in front of us with a cart filled with a glass of champagne, I pick two glasses and hand one of them to Hope. "Thank you, bones," I said as he laughs in response. "Ms. Morningstar!" a woman in her mid 40's greeted us cheerfully, "it's been a very long time and you brought a friend with you." The woman smiled at Hope then looked at me. "Correction, she is my wife. And it's good to be here again!" I answered. 

"Come, right this way." 

We found both Luce and Chloe on a single wooden table in the front row, we greeted them as Hope pulls Chloe for a hug. Somehow, Luce is very excited and Chloe is all smiley while I'm not being amused. "I can see why you are not into this kind of show," Hope whispered. "Luce is a wonder-seeker, just like you." I whispered back to her.

The audience is clapping as the show starts, "and for this... my final act on stage..." I roll my eyes as the audience gasps "... I will literally conquer death and emerge resurrected!" I lean closer to Hope, "I wonder what happens if he fails, will the headline be written as "Final act on stage gone wrong!"