The history of the church......

"You are a little wrong, the signal might not be out there but, there is internet at the library. Why do you think I chose to work here?" Vera said with a wink.

"How?" Seth asked unable to believe it.

"There's some dish at the top of the building, that boosts the signal, that makes the internet available"

"That's great, I can now search who the owner of the church is," Seth said as he started taking out his phone.

"I have a better plan, why don't you use the computers that might help you more," Vera said motioning him to follow her.

They went behind the librarian desk and Vera opened the browser on the computer.

"What do you want me to search first," Vera asked clicking on the search panel.

"First search, who is the owner of the church and who had it before," Seth said in a tight voice.

Vera typed it and clicked the search button, the page loaded for a few seconds, and then various link came up on the screen. Vera clicked on the first click, which opened.

It was a newspaper clip, that showed a young man beside the haunted church shaking hands with what appears to be a priest. The article read,

The St. Dominic church, one of the long standing monuments of Eze was bought by Theo Sieben, he is one of the leading business entrepreneurs. He thinks of renovating it into a better place- a free school for the children when he spoke about these thoughts to the priest. The priest readily agreed to sell the church. Mr. Sieben has already called the people to start the renovation. when he was asked about it, he said 'the church is the abode of the god and its befitting that it also becomes a center of knowledge for the young generation...............

"So Theo Sieben owns the church, now" Seth mused.

"Yep, now I see now why there were truck and lorries going up the mountains, I always thought it was weird for them to go all the way up"

"If the church has been renovated, that would mean there have been changes done other than the original blueprint, they might have made a hidden place that isn't in the blueprint," Seth said excited, finally getting some lead.

"I am sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think they renovated the church at all. I have been to the church after the renovation was done when there weren't any rumors about it being haunted and I have to say, the church looked the same" Vera said, sorry to burst his bubble.

"Maybe they didn't renovate anything noticeable, they might still have made a secret place" Seth argued hopefully.

"I don't think, I heard people saying that the renovation team found it hard to transport the materials all the way up, and thus the project was abandoned, anyways they only came for fifteen days. It's hard to renovate anything just in fifteen days"

"I guess you are right," Seth said crestfallen.

"Now-now don't you get all this unhappy, you might still be right," Vera said in an upbeat tone.

"Thanks," Seth said giving a wane smile.

"Okay, you wanted the book, right," Vera said holding up her hand for the book.

"Yeah, I don't think the book will be much help, now"

"You don't want the book then," Vera asked and Seth shook his head "Fine, still it will be better if you take a photo of the blueprint just in case"

Seth took out his mobile phone and then clicked a picture of the blueprint.

"Are you hungry" Vera suddenly asked looking at the clock.

"A little, why," Seth said looking at his own watch, the clock showed that it was past five already.

"Want to join me for a snack then," Vera asked and Seth readily nodded.

Vera asked Seth to wait for a minute, while she went to keep the book of 'Maps and Atlas' at the rack.

Soon they both were out walking to the diner at the opposite corner, they entered and sat at the back. A waiter came to take their order.

"What would you like to order," he asked.

"I don't know any of these dishes," Seth said after going through the whole menu.

"Can I order for us, if you don't mind"

"Sure, go ahead"

"Okay bring us some croissant" Vera ordered, the waiter noted it down and went away.

"Seth, I am curious as to, why are you researching about the haunted church"

"I don't know, it's just the mystery is very fascinating and I want to find out the truth," Seth said with a shrug.

"So, you like mysteries then. Have you solved any before"

"Nope, this is my first one, to be honest. there wasn't anything mysterious back home"

"Speaking of your home, you never told us how it is back there, what you do and other things" Vera stated looking at him intently.

"You want to know how I spend my day back home," Seth asked amused.

"Yep, if you don't mind"

"Okay, so what do you want to know," Seth said enjoying this.

"Everything"

"I will be starting my college in a week for starters, also I am a pretty bad boy back there, everybody fears me. They all take my permission before doing anything"

"Really!" Vera exclaimed, wide-eyed.

"Nope, just kidding," Seth said with a laugh.

"Oh, come on. Please tell the truth" Vera said in a mock polite tone.

"Alright, if you want to know then listen, I study a lot because I want to become a psychologist and in my free time I play guitar and sometimes badminton"

"Vow, you can play guitar"

"Yep, I started learning it almost six months back"

"Nice, what else do you do"

"That's it, I don't do anything else," Seth said to a disappointed Vera.

"Okay, I just thought that you must ride bikes at weekends and play for teams"

"I am still not of age to drive bikes and yes I used to play football for my school team"

"What position did you play"

"I played as a defender in the team," Seth said.

Before vera could ask any more questions the waiter arrived with their order.

"Here you go, enjoy the food," he said placing the dish on the table.

"Oh, seems good," he said taking a bite "Umm... its awesome"

"What else do you expect from French cuisine," vera said proudly.

"Truly said," Seth said taking another bite.

Vera ordered a can of coke whilst Seth ordered a can of mountain dew after they were done with the food. They got up from the table, taking their cans, and went to the counter to pay. After they paid the bill, they came out of the diner.

"Thanks for the company," Vera said.

"No problemo, I will get going now," Seth said, vera nodded smiling. He turned around and started toward the house.

He was disappointed that he wasn't able to get any lead on his research but, he was positive that he would soon get a huge break, the only problem that he had in his mind was the timing. He didn't have much time, barely five days.

He would have to solve the mystery before that. He finished the can and tossed it into the bin by the roadside.

He couldn't wait to go and see the church again. He might've missed something and he was itching to get his hands on that. He has made his mind to at least get some idea about the ongoing by his tomorrow's visit.

He reached the house and clicked the bell, nobody opened the door. He again clicked the bell, still, no one came. He has forgotten the keys in his rooms upstairs.

************************************

Game time:

The kidney selling sis of mine??