Gun boy took the shot

************************************

Both of them went out of the door and started walking down the front street, the walk went through the same lines as his first walk here.

The only difference was the absence of the car broke down. They crossed the place where Seth had first met Xenia and continued walking towards the beach.

Seth came down to the beach and started walking down beside the seashore. Seth felt great as old memory surfaced. He took in a deep breath.

"Seth!" A feminine voice called from behind.

Seth turned back to see a group of people looking curiously at him.

"Seth, is that really you," Vera asked disbelievingly as the group made their way towards him.

"Buddy it really is you," Nathan said giving him a high five, John high-fived him too.

Ken hugged him tightly.

"Man, you behave like I am dead," Seth said as he let him go. Vera punched him on the arm.

"Back here so soon, you missing someone," Vera said to him with a nudge.

"You both will get along very well," Seth said to no one in particular, he was thinking about Samar as he said this.

Vera raised her eyebrow and Seth shook his head.

"Seriously dude, why are you back here so soon," Nathan asked coming to his side.

"I will go if you don't want me buddy" Seth jibbed at him.

"Nah, she will be upset if you left without meeting her" Nathan shot back with a wink.

"Let it slide already will you guys," Seth said shaking his head.

Everyone laughed at this before Ken asked.

"Who's this man with you Seth," Ken asked indicating towards Jack.

"I am Jack, Seth's uncle. Nice meeting you all" Jack greeted them with a big smile.

"Hello, I am Ken and this is my brother Jhon," Ken said introducing his brothers and then the others.

"Seth told me all about you, looks like he was having fun in your company here," Jack said to them.

"It's nothing uncle, he is our friend afterall," Vera said giving Jack a pleasant smile.

Jack looked at his wrist and then at the group.

"It's getting late, we will have to go now. Meet you all tomorrow" Jack said to the group who nodded and said goodbye before leaving them.

Jack then started walking ahead from the beach, both of them didn't talk. They just took in the scenery as they walked. They went past the beach and then took the left turn, the turn that led to the church.

They started climbing up the mountain.

"Where are we going Jack," Seth asked stepping carefully to avoid a jagged rock.

"I wanted to climb a mountain for a long time, I couldn't help it Seth," Jack said from a little ahead.

"Okay," Seth said knowing very well that Jack liked to do outdoor sporting.

They were now very close to the church and it brought back the memories of the time he spent solving the mystery. The call he wanted to make to Vera regarding the powerhouse came to his mind.

He had a sudden urge to see that power station now. He wanted to see if he was right or not.

They had reached the back of the church now. They started walking around it, so as to go to the front gate.

"Why did you lie to them Jack," Seth asked suddenly.

Jack kept quiet and didn't answer. Jack never wore a watch and Seth hadn't missed the action of Jack looking at his wrist back at the beach. It was as if he was doing it deliberately.

Seth wanted to know the reason, he increased his pace and came beside Jack.

"Jack, why did you lie," Seth asked a little loudly this time.

Jack looked at Seth and a voice came from beside them. A boy came out of the woods from their right.

"It was because of me," Nathan said holding up the gun in his hand.

"He knows nothing boy, leave him out of all this" Jack said coming in front of Seth and shielding him from the gun.

"You really think I would believe this, tough luck man" Nathan sneered and started moving closer to them.

Jack and Seth both started taking steps back cautiously. They knew running wasn't an option.

"I am telling the truth, Take me instead, but leave Seth alone. You were his friend" Jack pleaded, Seth looked at him shocked.

Seth had never seen Jack pleading for anyone's life. Jack had an image of a ruthless man in his mind, who killed without feeling sorry, that's why he was their weapon master.  But now here in front of Nathan, he was pleading for him.

"Friend of him- me" Nathan scoffed "I was never his friend"

"But, we were buddies," Seth said lost for words. It was as if he was telling this more to himself than to others.

"I pretend to be your friend Seth, it doesn't mean I really was your friend," Nathan said simply aiming the gun still at Jack.

"Why...."  Seth asked and Jack's eyes widen.

"Xenia" Came Nathan's simple reply.

"You knew, didn't you," Jack said slowly.

"Of course, it was so obvious. But, I lost her when she went to that hocus job of her" Nathan said his eyes angry at the thought.

"So, you weren't able to keep track of her. You don't know where she is" Jack asked and Seth could hear the hope when he asked that.

"Nope..." Nathan said and Jack sighed in relief "... But, it's alright. I have got you now" Nathan said with a dark smile.

Nathan was closing in quickly, Jack turned to bolt keeping Seth ahead of him still shielding him.

The shot rang.