Post without Votes

"Better than yesterday, don't you think so," Raghav asked as they packed their bags.

It was Monday today, Seth and Raghav had booked a court near Seth's house and had practiced some time there on Sunday. Normally Seth wouldn't have done that but, he did this because of Samar.

That Sunday Samar had again called and asked when they were leaving for his uncle's company. Seth didn't want Samar to know the truth so he just said that he wasn't going as he had practice to do. He booked the court and asked Raghav to come for good measure.

Despite that the practice turned out good, they tried various tactics to cover their weaknesses. Though they weren't able to come up with a full plan yet, they did come to know about some tricks for the time being.

"Yeah, still not enough. I know there will be players, who will pinpoint our weakness in no time at all and will try to take full advantage" Seth said seriously.

"Looks like you have been to a district-level competition," Raghav said awed.

"Nah, I am just speculating," Seth said with a smile as they moved out of the ground to go home.

They had just reached the canopy when they saw the short boy gang. They had circled a tall boy, Seth knew by the boy's face that he was their classmate.

"Boy, you like being the teacher's pet, huh... Don't you" the short boy said to the other boy hitting him hard on the back.

"Bu-but, you did the wrong thing" the tall boy protested helplessly.

"I can't see anything wrong in what I did, care to explain what was wrong," the small boy asked slapping him on the neck now.

The tall boy stumbled a little but didn't fell. He controlled himself and looked up.

"You stole food from the canteen," the boy said fearfully.

"That's because we were all hungry'", one of the boys beside him said making a face at the helpless boy.

"You could've bought the food," the boy said weakly.

"hmmm... You are right, we could've but, it looks like we didn't have the money" the short boy said looking at him, he was still holding the big boy's collar tightly.

"You are lyin....... "

The boy didn't finish because the short boy has punched him on his face at that moment.

"What did you say, I wasn't able to hear you," the short boy said holding up his hands near his ears mockingly.

"I sa-said you are lying," the boy said with difficulty.

"The boy is either a fool or very brave," Seth said under his breath.

"What makes you say that I am lying," the short boy asked snidely.

"You took all my money in the morning and I saw you doing this with two other boys too"

"Really, I don't remember doing that," the short boy said and looked up as if thinking "Do you guys remember anything of that sort,"  he asked turning to his gang.

They were shaking their head whilst smiling a little.

"You all are lying" the boy shouted.

The short boy kicked him then, "You have some nerves to shout at me boy"

The boy fell down, scratching his knees and banging his head hard on the floor.

"Listen up kid, you have to understand that if you dare try to oppose us you will suffer" the short boy bend down and said to him.

"Also don't you go around telling people that I am a bad boy, after all that will tarnish my reputation" one of his cronies threatened.

"Why do you care about your reputation Jai," the short boy asked looking up at the boy.

"Shouldn't I Dhruv,  I want to become the class representative after all" he said and started laughing, the others laughed too.

After that they left the ground, Seth turned to see that the students had started coming down from the college.

They also started to walk towards the bus-stop.

"I would never vote him for the class representative election," Parth said as they moved to the side of the gate and stopped.

They were waiting for Smith.

Parth had asked what had happened as he had seen Dhruv and his gang going away from the tall crying guy. Seth then told him about what had happened.

"Who said anything about election boy" Raghav said looking at Parth. Seth was a little confused too as he heard this.

"Wouldn't the teacher select the representative after an election by the students," Parth asked doubtfully.

"Uh-huh,  this is not how things work here buddy... Didn't you hear what miss Kashvi had said" Raghav asked shaking his head.

"Let's go, thanks for waiting," Smith said as he came there.

"No problem let's go," Parth said.

"Bye then," Raghav said and moved to take the opposite road.

"What were you guys talking about, before I came," Smith asked them as they started walking.

"Raghav said something about not having an election for the class representative," Parth said.

"Yeah, he is right. From what I know the teacher will herself select two class representative, there won't be any election"

"Oh, looks like it's all over if that guy is selected,  what do you say, Seth," Parth asked turning to look at him.

"I don't know" came Seth's simple reply.

"It won't be a problem, the teacher changes the CR if they don't seem to like the student's performance" Smith assured them, "Also, which guy are you talking about"

"I am talking about Jai," Parth said and filled him on all the bullying details.

"Oh, so they have already started their roughing up. Hmmm, what do you have to say buddy" Smith asked turning towards Seth.

"I don't care whoever becomes the Class representative, bye," Seth said and ran to catch the oncoming bus in the distance.