Banned from kitchen

“Guess your parents are back,” Xenia said to Seth. Who nodded as they went to the door and rang the bell.

The door was opened by Mrs. Astill,

“Hey, Seth we are back” she exclaimed “you must be Xenia, what a lovely girl,” she said looking at Xenia. She blushed at her comment.

“T-thanks, Mrs. Astill” she stuttered.

“Come on in, now both of you. Anna told us that you both had gone to the flower shop” she said as they came inside.

“Yeah we wanted some seeds for the garden,” Xenia said.

“Which seeds did you bring,” Mrs. Astill asked as they went into the hall, where Mr. Astill and Anna was already there.

“We brought orchid seeds mom, hello dad,” Seth said taking a seat beside him.

“Seth, so did you enjoy it here?” his dad asked “what all things did you do, while we were gone”

“I had so much fun, I visited the church saw the library and the eagle sanctuary. I even made new friends all thanks to Zee” he said filling up his father on all the things he did in their absence.

He told them everything just leaving out the part of the church's mystery.

“Seems like you enjoyed it here, I am thankful to you Anna for this. Hope he hasn’t been much of a trouble for you” Mr. astill said to Anna.

“Not at all Flynn, instead I would say he was quite a help,” Anna said cheerfully.

“So, what about you dad. How was your visit, how’s aunt and uncle doing” Seth asked.

Mr.astill told them about their trip and what all things they did, their visit to the Eiffel tower and other places.

Anna made some snacks and gave them while they talked about it. That was how their day ended discussing about the trip. It was at that time he remembered that he had wanted to visit the library, he checked the watch which showed 8:00 in the evening.

No use going there now, he thought.

“I will go and make the dinner” Anna announced getting up, you can all have some rest, I will call you when it will be ready.

“Anna, don’t take any trouble. I am tired after all the traveling, I will just go to bed and I don’t think Cora will have any appetite too” Mr. Astill said looking at Mrs. Astill.

“Flynn's right, I too don’t feel like eating” Mrs. Astill agreed.

“You both sure about this” Anna asked doubtly.

“Yeah, I will go to the bed now,” Mr. Astill said, anna nodded as he went to his room Mrs. Astill following in his wake.

“What about you kids, are you hungry or do you want to hit the sack too,” Anna asked tiredly.

Seth and Xenia looked at each other before Xenia said,

“We will be off to bed too, the snack was enough. Night gran” she said before slipping out of the hall.

“Okay, then. You should go too Seth, it a big day for you tomorrow” Anna said sitting down on the couch.

“Yes, good night Anna,” he said nodding and then got out of the hall and went to his room.

He wasn’t at all tired but, still, he went to bed because he knew that tomorrow was going to be tiring. Hw had wasted this day, he knew that. His plan to get some information on Mr. Sieben was wasted.

Maybe he could go to the library after the party and get some information. He didn’t have much time left now. He knew that they would be packing from here a day or two after his birthday. If he want to solve this mystery then he would have to do something and that too quickly.

The next day, Seth could clearly see the difference as soon as he woke up. There was breakfast of pasta ready for him at the table along with a glass of fresh orange juice. Seth didn’t know what to say.

He ate it after having a quick shower of hot water.

He took the empty plate to take it down to the kitchen. He had just opened the door.

“Thank you, you can go back to the room now,” Xenia said appearing beside him, taking the empty plate for him.

She closed the door before Seth could argue. Not knowing what was going on he went back to the room.

He sat on the bed for a while, soon he took out his comic and started reading through it. He had just completed the book and he felt thirsty, he again tried going to the kitchen again. This time he saw his mother standing at the door.

“What happened dear, do you need anything,” she asked.

“Mom, I am thirsty. I am going to the kitchen” Seth said determined.

“I will bring some water, you should wait in the room,” she said turning to go to the kitchen.

Seth saw this chance and about to slip down when he heard a cough from behind, he looked back slowly only to find his father looking at him amused.

“What do you think you are doing young man”

“Father you too, will someone tell me what’s going on”

“I am not at the liberty to say anything, just know that Xenia has forbidden for you to go down,” Mr. Astill said.

Seth sighed and went back to his room, the surprise was his idea after all.

Seth drank the water and lied down on the bed, he didn’t think he could go down if Xenia has forbidden it, he was sure that somebody would surely be at the door.

He woke up with a start, he had drifted into sleep while waiting. He looked at the watch it showed somewhere around two in the afternoon. He washed his face going to the bathroom.

He then went to the door and glued his ear to the door to hear if anyone was on the other side he didn’t hear anyone.

He opened the door and saw a package in front of the door, there was a letter attached along with it.

He bent down to lift the parcel and the letter. Going to the bed he placed the parcel on the bed and read the letter.