Came to the church to pray

[SORRY FOR TODAY'S LATE UPDATE MY EXAMS HAVE STARTED, SORY *BOWS DOWN*]

************************************

left alone Seth returned inside the church and stopped beside the platform and looked at it, inspecting every inch carefully. He didn't saw anything suspicious there, he moved sideways to inspect the statue of Mary.

The statue was a piece of art, the colors and the details showed it. The statue was made of marble, Seth doubted that there would be any hiding space in a marble statue.

He then moved to the other side- towards the Jesus statue. This statue piqued his interest, the reason was the crown on the statue's head.

Unlike the statue, it was made of steel metal and Seth could say this by the way light reflected from it. The crown was also not ordinary- it was the crown of thrones. Seth could immediately say that the crown was an additional prop and not a part of the statue.

The crown will be an ideal place to hide something, as it is high enough nobody could reach there too, he thought. He pondered over the thought of how to go up there himself or a moment, then climbing up to the stage he went to the side of the statue.

He will have to climb a little more in order to reach the crown, not having anything else he thought of climbing the statue himself.

He went to the side and took hold of the corners of the wall with his one hand and placed his leg on the statue's arm, then holding the wall from his other hand while using the free hand to grip the shoulder of the Jesus. When he was sure that he had a good grip he tugged himself up now he was standing on the arms of Jesus. He felt a jab of pain on his thighs and he landed down on the floor with a thump.

Ouch, what was that? He thought and touched the part where he had felt the pain, it was the pocket area he checked his pocket and took out the map. As his legs were stuck against the statue as he was climbing up, the map was pushed against his skin, hurting him.

He decided to keep the map aside and try once again, keeping the map on the stage he again tried to climb up the statue. This time he was successful, he climbed up a little higher to see if there was anything hidden in the crown.

His head was still not high enough to see what was inside the crown so, he decided to use his free hand to see if he could catch hold of something. This was hard to do, with his free left hand. He shifted the hands and caught hold of the Jesus's ears with his left hand while he rummaged through the crown with his right hand.

He still was not able to find anything, frustrated he hefted himself up with all his might and was successful to climb above, now he had a clear view of the crown. He saw that his climb up was just a waste of time and energy. There indeed was space in the crown to hide something but, nobody has hidden anything there.

Disappointed, he climbed down the statue till the hands and then jumped down. If there is nothing up there then maybe there will be something in the paintings he thought. He again started leafing through the paintings again. Going through them all, looking for hidden cameras or projectors in them but, he didn't find anything.

Though at one point he had thought that the eyes of the dog in the picture depicting Jesus's birth moved. When he went there and closely examined it, he found that the eyes were painted, he thought he had imagined it and had moved on.

Now standing at the entrance, unsure of what to do next, he went out and started circling around the church. He did not expect to find anything out here so, he wasn't disappointed when he found nothing. He was again in front of the church, having circled it once. Seth looked at his watch and saw that he had an hour left to make it home.

Thinking of coming here again, he started down the path and soon reached the bottom of the hill, he checked his pocket to take out the pocket, to see for the direction. When he remembered that he had left it back to the church, he turned and rushed back to church hoping that the map was safe. He had just reached the front opening of the door to see xenia coming out.

Xenia too had seen him, she went to him with a surprised face,

"What are you doing here, it seems like, you truly are following me," she said mockingly.

"No, I came here because Anna suggested this place to me, told me to check this haunted church, thought it might interest me, as you were not at home," Seth said.

"I see, gran told you.... but, isn't it a little late for you to visit here, if u reached here now, you would surely have missed the date"

"Oh, I have already seen the church, I just came back for the map- MAP" he suddenly realized what he had come for and dashed into the church.

"What map,...." Xenia asked and followed him inside.

Seth has reached the stage, he gladly took the map that was still there and turned to face Xenia

"This," he said showing her the map "Anna, gave me this to find my way here"

"You kept the map on the stage, you could have kept it in your pocket" she chided.

"There's a long story behind it," Seth said pocketing the map.

"I am all ears," Xenia said as Seth walked towards her and they left the church together.

"I will tell you but, first I want to know what were you doing here"

"I came here to pray, sill. What else would I have come here for"

"You came here- in a haunted church to pray, also I didn't see you coming my way down"

"The way you took down isn't the only way that comes here, come I will show you" saying this she turned and started towards the trees, Seth followed her without missing a beat.

"Still, you haven't answered my first question"

"What, about why I came to a haunted church- I wanted a lonely place to pray so, I came here," she said looking at his face.

"You aren't afraid of ghost then, are you"

"Nope, I actually would like to see one for myself," she said as she jumped over a high root of the tree.

"You are not like the other girls," Seth said in a low voice as he himself jumped over the root.

"Having no parents does that to you, I am used to people calling me different" she said tightly.

"No- don't get me wrong, what I meant was you are dependent, not many girls are like that and I admire this about you" a small smile played on her lips as Seth told this.

"Thanks, we have reached there," she said as they came out of the forest.

"Where...." Seth has just opened his mouth when he saw the sea and heard the waves crashing. They had reached the beach.

"I promised you that, I will take you to meet my friends, so here we are. Come" she said motioning with her hands and started running, Seth followed closely behind.

************************************

GAME TIME:

She's my lil Behena?
MiraculousDramione