A surprise little test

Seth entered the Staffroom only to see a crowd of students already there. The two girls from the badminton ground and Tejas.

"There you are Seth," Isha ma'am said as she came in, Seth couldn't see Kashvi ma'am around.

"Students, Seth here will be the captain as I told you earlier," Isha ma'am said turning to them again.

"Lavanya, you and Tejas will report to me as I am the IT class teacher," Isha ma'am said and the hazel-eyed girl nodded.

"You both will report to Kashvi ma'am as she is responsible for the Hindi batch," She said turning to Seth and the other girl.

"Okay students that's all. I just wanted you all to meet together. You can go now, hope you have understood what your responsibilities are" she asked eyeing the whole group.

Everyone nodded and left the staff room. Coming out they gathered on the first floor.

"So, you are our captain" the girl snorted.

"Yes, looks like it," Seth said folding his hands "Can I know your name," Seth asked.

"Nope," The girl said and folded her hands coping Seth defiantly.

"As you wish Aroohi," Seth said remembering what name Kashvi ma'am had said.

Aroohi's eyes widened with shock for a moment but, she quickly composed herself.

"I don't want to become a CR" Tejas whined.

"Why not," Lavanya asked confused.

"There's so much the CR has to do, doing this and that when will I get to study, this is our eleventh after all," Tejas said.

"You can go and say no to Isha ma'am if you want" Seth offered.

Tejas thought for a while before answering.

"No thanks, I might as well take the post," he said with a shudder.

Seth knew it wasn't his own decision, rather it was his fear of getting insulted by Isha ma'am in the class the next day. That was enough to make anyone agree to do Isha ma'am bidding.

"Don't worry, I can do the work if you want. It won't be a problem" Lavanya said to Tejas, who nodded thankfully to her. Aroohi just smirked when he saw this.

"You are welcome to do all the work alone too if you want, anyways I won't be in the class half the day because of practice" Seth offered to Aroohi.

"Do your own work captain. I am not doing your work" saying this she left them to go.

"Sorry, I will go too now," Lavanya said apologetically and then rushed behind Aroohi.

Seth looked at Tejas then with a two-finger salute started down the stairs to the canopy.

"So, why did the ma'am call for you," Parth asked a little worried.

"Just for the CR meeting," Seth said.

"CR meeting," Smith said perking up, "Dude, don't tell me you became a CR"

"Yep, am the captain," Seth said with a shrug.

"You bastard I wanted that post," Smith said punching him lightly on the shoulder.

"You really didn't think you would get the post did you, Smith," Parth said as they started moving towards the gate.

"Well, I knew for a certain that Seth would get the post, no surprise there. But, I thought I might secure the second spot for IT" Smith said willfully.

"Now that you mention, who's the CR for IT, Seth," Parth asked.

"You won't believe me, they thought that Tejas would suit the post," Seth said.

"What," Smith scoffed.

"Actually I could see that coming, afterall he is the Chatur of the class," Parth said.

"Now that I think of it, it's good he is the CR don't you think so Smith," Seth said and looked at him.

"Oh, right. I get it" Smith said looking at Seth.

Parth knew at that moment that they both were talking in their own mind language.

"Let me in on the plan," Parth said when they both looked away smiling.

"Parth, that guy is a dunkhead, if I will speak honestly....." Smith started.

"What do you mean," Parth asked confused.

"What I mean buddy is that he can be manipulated easily. I doubt he even wanted that post...." Smith said.

"You nailed it... He doesn't wants the post" Seth said jumping down the construction board.

"Whatever do you both plan, you know I am in," Parth said to both his friends then turned towards Seth "Also where are you giving the party"

********

It was the second period going on in the class. Neelam ma'am had just finished writing the chemical equation.

She turned and started explaining "Potassium as you know is very reactive......"

Seth, as usual, wasn't paying much attention on the lecture instead he was in his chain of thoughts.

He was surprised when he saw Neelam miss coming in to teach chemistry. Wasn't Isha miss in charge of chemistry he thought.

When he asked about this he came to know that for all the three subjects of science as well as math had three teachers here. Only languages had exceptions which only had one teacher.

This was Neelam ma'am's third lecture, Seth had missed the other two lectures because of practice.

Seth looked out at the row near the window to see Raghav was looking out too. Apparently, he too was unable to understand what was going in the class.

"Okay that's enough for today," Neelam miss said keeping her book on the bench.

This had Seth confused, he was positive that it must've not been more than twenty minutes from when the lecture had started. So why was ma'am saying they were done. He looked at Neelam ma'am as she told the reason.

"Hope you are ready for the test that I told you all to prepare for," she asked the class.