The match starts......

They had come out on the corner of the beach, that was attached to the hill, Seth could not see many people around. He knew that they must all be there somewhere near the center.

He started to see them as he ran a little ahead, there were tourists that have come down for the sunset, he could see small stalls of the locals selling food and drinks. These were small stalls, not permanent.

He saw people lying on the beach, couples together, looking at the setting sun. He saw that there was hardly anybody in the water.
As they ran ahead he, saw a shop, this was a huge one, he could see surfboards and water jets on the right window.

This was a sports shop. There was a red-blue canoe with red flaming patterns that took the whole left window. Seth assumed that this must be a permanent shop.

He saw that even the teenagers that were present were not in the water, instead, they were either playing football or volleyball.

Xenia had turned towards the group playing football. When they were near, a girl broke from the group and came running towards them, he reached them and hugged Xenia, after that they all went to the group. Who too had stopped playing and had gathered together.

"Heya, Zee" one of the boys from the group greeted as they reached them, he looked a little lanky.

"I am fine, how's Jock" Xenia asked after greeting.

"He is fine, too" the figure standing beside the lanky boy answered, he had blonde hair.

"Where is he, didn't you bring him, John"

"Nah, .... Oh sorry, I forgot he is your favorite" John said mischievously.

"will you stop all the poodle talks, please" the girl who had accompanied them said while rolling her eyes.

"Okay-okay, chill," Xenia said raising up her hand.

"Why did you called us to meet zee... and won't you introduce us to this young man," the youngest girl in the group asked looking shyly at Seth, he just gave her a sweet smile.

"Right, sorry Christine. Everyone this is Seth...." Xenia said introducing him.

"Good to meet ya, chum, I am Nathan," the biggest boy in the group said shaking his hand "I am glad that you finally found yourself a boyfriend," he said turning to Xenia.

"No, I am not her boyfriend, actually I came here on a holiday and am living at her place," Seth said and looked at Xenia only to see that she too was ready to speak, he was impressed any other girl wouldn't have dared, they would've shied away.

"Yup, he came from India for his birthday," Xenia said looking at Seth with a smile.

"That means you are free or do you have one already at your place" the girl who had accompanied them asked.

"I am not in a relationship, and I don't want to be in any either"

"Sounds just like zee, doesn't he Vera," Nathan said at which the girl who had accompanied them nodded. Seth guessed that she must be Vera.

"No way, I just don't want to be in one, for now, I think it is not the correct time" Xenia protested.

"You have been parroting this, since long. When do you think will be the correct timing" john said pointedly.

"I don't know, maybe later" Xenia reasoned.

"But, I don't think Seth will be there later," the lanky dude said teasingly and everybody erupted into laughter.

"Shut up, ken" Xenia shouted but, Seth could see that she was smiling too.

"Okay, everybody. Now that we are all introduced and have nothing more left to do, let's play a game" Nathan suggested.

"Okay, cool" Jhon said whooping and everybody joined in.

They all went to the sand field, made by marking the lines on the sand, all of them went to the center.

"Who wants to be the captain," vera asked "I will be against the other captain" she challenged.

"Okay Ve, then you are against me," Nathan said accepting it.

"I want Zee, John, and Seth. You can have Ken and Christine" vera proposed.

"I want John if you don't mind" Nathan opposed her.

"fine, I will take Ken"

The team made, Seth and the others went to their side to plan a strategy. Seth could see that the boys of the other team had sat down looking at them. Christine stood beside them.

"Okay everyone, we all know that Nathan and John are a perfect tag team. We would need a good strategy" Vera said in a hushed voice.

"I am not good at attack or defense but, my shot is accurate. I think I will take the goals" Ken said determined.

"Good, you can take the defense Zee, that leaves us," she said looking at Seth, "What post are you good at"

"I can play attack and defense, both of them fair enough" Seth admitted.

"Fine you will be with me in the forward let's start then," she said finally, and then turning around she waved her hands to tell the others that they were ready.

The boys got up and came forward whereas Christine took the post. Ken too has taken the post.

Vera and Nathan met at the center, Jhon was behind Nathan to his left while, Seth and Xenia have taken their places behind Vera on either side.

Just as Nathan was about to say go, Seth started running backward. Nathan yelled GO and the match started.

************************************

Game time:

My blink-blink sis?
dark-wings-rise