Indian sweet meat

Happy birthday,

Wear the dress in the box along with the letter and come down when you are done.

That was what the letter read, confused Seth opened the parcel to find a box in it, he opened it to find a red hooded shirt and white striped jeans.

He changed into them and quickly went down. He did nothing else, not his hairs neither did he put on his watch.

He didn't see anybody in the hall, nor was anyone in the kitchen, that was strange. He went upstairs and checked his parent's room, even that was empty. He then went to have a look in Xenia's room. It was empty too. Where was everyone, he thought coming out of the room.

Maybe they have written a note or something about the place they all have gone and left it at the front door, on this intuition he went to the front door to check for a letter or note.

There wasn't any on the door. He checked below the mattress and also beneath the potted plants beside the door, he didn't found any note. He went to the front gate to see if the letter was there, it wasn't even there. His check of the postbox proved to be futile as well.

He went back to the kitchen, not knowing what was happening and where was everybody. He sat on the chair at the dining table and closed his eyes to think, his eyes went on the door to the garden as he opened them. He suddenly stood up.

How could've I forgotten about the garden he thought face-palming himself. He went to the door and opened it.

BAM!!

There was a noise as two ballons popped and sprinklers fell on him.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" everyone present there shouted.

Seth saw them all Xenia, his parents, Anna, Vera, Nathan, Ken, and John.

"What a surprise, thanks all of you" Seth sniffed.

"Xenia planned it all" Mrs. Astill said coming towards him. Seth looked at her and saw her smiling.

"Thanks, Zee," he said going beside her.

"This is nothing, come let's cut the cake," xenia said leading him to the end of the long table where there was a chocolate cake.

On it with white icing was written 'Happy Birthday Seth'. Xenia bent down and lighted the candle.

"come on blow the candle and make the wish," Xenia said after she lighted the candle, she moved away and Seth took her place.

He bent down and blew the candles, then taking the knife he started cutting the cake, while everybody around him started singing the song.

He took the piece of the cake and gave it to his mom, and then to his dad.

After that, the elder dispersed off with the cake to the dining table, where they will be cutting it down for the others. The boys and girls gathered around him.

"So, how many years are you now, buddy," John asked.

"Seventeen" Seth replied.

"Here you go, Seth," Vera said handing out a gift to him. Seth took it and opened it up.

There was a book in it.

"Vera, this is the latest of the superhero corps. How did you get your hands on it" Seth asked disbelievingly.

"I have my ways," Vera said winking.

"We have a gift for you too but, it's not here. You will have to come with us" Ken said.

"You will definitely like it" Nathan assured.

Suddenly the door opened and Christine came dashing in, "Halo guys sorry I am late, I hope the party isn't over"

"It's not over yet but, why did you come running," Seth asked moving to her side while taking a bottle of water from the table. He handed it to her.

"thanks...." she said taking the bottle and taking few swigs "..... I was thinking of what to give you for your birthday, that was why I am late," she said giving him a small box.

Seth opened the box to find a bracelet.

"This looks cool, thanks a lot Christine," Seth said and fastening it around his arm.

"that leaves you, Zee, what did you bring," Nathan asked.

"I am sorry, I forgot to bring anything," Xenia said lowering her eyes a little ashamed.

"Thanks for your gift," Seth said and everybody looked at him surprised, even xenia looked up at her, "Thanks for arranging all this, thanks for the surprise," he said making her blush.

"Come kids, eat something" came a loud shout from the kitchen.

They all went to the kitchen eagerly, where they ate the cake and the other stuff specially made by Anna and his mother.

They ended it with Gulab jamun for dessert along with cold drink.

"Man, what's this I am totally loving it," John said after eating his gulab jamun.

"You are a great cook, Mrs. Astill" Vera complimented.

"Thanks," Mrs. Astill said filling her plate with one more.

"What are these called," Nathan asked taking a curious bite, "Wow, man this is amazing"

"It's called Gulab jamun, it's an Indian sweetmeat," Mr. Astill said.

"Can I have one more?" Ken asked holding out his plate, Mrs.Astill filled it with another Gulab jamun.

After they were done with the eating, Nathan said that Seth should come along with them to take his gift. Seth told them to wait for a minute while he asked his dad.

"You can go but, be sure to come before late" Mr. Astill said, Seth agreed.

All of them came out as the elders were left to do the cleaning.

"You both can come too, if you want" Nathan quipped to the two girls.

"I am in and so are you Christine" Vera agreed enthusiastically, holding the hands of a somewhat reluctant Christine as they started walking behind Nathan.

"Are we going to your house?" Xenia asked Ken as they were walking.

"Nope," was the only thing he said.

"Your's is the only house that comes in this route, Nathan lives on the opposite side," xenia said wisely "if we are not going to your house then where are we going"

"We aren't going to my house as for where we are going you will soon see," John said increasing his pace.

"Will you pl......" xenia started but, was cut of by Nathan.

"Can you stop asking questions and keep quiet, please?" Nathan said irritated, this worked and Xenia stopped asking questions.

When Seth looked in her direction to sympathize, he saw her rolling her eyes in Nathan's direction. Seth smiled. They walked all the way to the roads end then turned left.

The sea was now in the view with the beach just a few minutes away. Seth could see the beach, it was a little crowded than before but, still the same.

Nathan jumped down to the beach and the others followed him curiously as to why has he got down to the beach.

"Maybe he wants a football rematch," Vera said quietly to him but, they didn't stop at the field and they made their way to the old rusted building, that Seth had not seen the last time he was here. They stopped in front of the building.

Nathan pulled at the gates, which opened quite easily for such a rusted building, Nathan and John went inside after ordering them to wait. They waited for some time for them to come back.

Soon they heard the grinding of wheels as they both emerged pulling a lorry behind them which had a motorboat