Seth's own empire

They got out and took their bags, Seth already had his backpack shouldered. They paid the driver and then went to the hotel.

There was no guard stationed on the entrance, they went past the door to the waiting area, they reached the reception area which was dimly lit and was empty except for the lone figure of a man sitting behind the receptionist desk.

The man wore a loose brown shirt with his sleeves rolled up.

They moved towards the desk, the man has seen them coming too he got up from the chair to greet them. They reached the desk.

"How can I help you, sir and madam," the man asked with his hands clasping each other.

"Do you happen to have any free room for the night, we would like to rent it," Mr. Astill asked the man behind the desk.

"We sure have many rooms for you to rent, which type of room would you like to rent sir," the man asked ducking behind the desk to take out the register.

"We would like a room with two bedrooms, that's all, not too fancy a normal one would do," Mr. Astill said.

"Here you go then," the man said handing him a key "The room number is 761, please fill in the details," he said pointing to the register.

Mr. Astill filled the register with the details, when he was done he handed the register back, the man then took them to their room which was on the seventh floor.

"This is your room sir, would you like anything else, sir," the man asked pointing to the door of their room.

"No, thank you," Mr. Astill said with a smile and turned to open the door.

"I am Mr. Lacroix, you can call me if you need anything," the man said.

"Sure Mr. Lacroix we will" then taking out his wallet he took out a note and gave it to him, Mr. Lacroix took it and then left with a bow.

Mr. Astill opened the door and they all got inside the room. The lights were dim, It was pitch dark. The three of them looked around for a switchboard that would turn on the lights when a whistle came from their right. It was slow at first then fast, it took little breaks in between. It sounded as if a wolf was howling.

They found the switchboard and turning on the lights slowly made their way to the room from which the voice was coming. It was the master bedroom.

They turned to see that the whistling noise came from a hole in the window, the blowing air caused this.

"This is going to be a long night" Mr. Astill said with a sigh and they all came out of the room.

Seth started looking around at the room.

the room was not great but, it was acceptable. There were two rooms. One had a king-sized bed, while the other one had a normal bed. Both the rooms had a cupboard and a bedside table. There were bathrooms in both the rooms which had a mirror above the basin and a rack above it to keep things.

There was a television in the hall – a 42-inch plasma television. Both the rooms as well as the hall had an air conditioner and besides that, the room had fans too.

Mr. Astill took the bag from Seth and then with both the bags moved towards the master bedroom.

"Seth, you can change and get fresh before you go to bed," Mrs.astill said.

"Mom, I don't think I will change, after all, we have to leave tomorrow, I am tired, I feel like I can sleep past an earthquake," Seth said with a yawn, his eyes drooping.

"Fine, you can sleep in these clothes if you want but, at least freshen yourself up a bit," Mrs. Astill said as she turned to go to the master bedroom.

Mr. Astill was already in the bathroom, changing and freshening, they could hear the water running.

"Will you be reading?" Mrs.astill turned and asked.

"Probably"

"Don't read too long otherwise you won't be able to sleep enough and then you will feel tired even tomorrow," she said in a stern voice, waging her fingers.

"Ok mom, I won't read till late," he said turning to go to his room "good night".

"Good night, sweetheart," her mother said, and then she to moved towards the master bedroom.

Seth opened the door to his room and went inside, he saw the door to the bathroom and started towards it to freshen up but, he halted midway changing his mind.

He moved towards the bed. He took off the backpack and kept it beside the bed on the floor and jumped on the bed.

He took off his watch and placed it gently on the bedside table before taking out his mobile phone, he switched on the data connection and changed the setting to roaming and messages began pouring in.

He first opened the message from his uncle who had asked, how the journey was and was he enjoying it. He replied to that saying that he has reached Paris and that he was enjoying it. He thought of asking about how their sea diving went but then thought against it.

The other was from his close friend, he had called him when they were on the flight. He left him a message saying that he was in Paris. He had a number of messages in one of his Whatsapp group, he opened it and closed it after scrolling for a bit without replying. It was their school group and they were just talking about games.

Seth was never interested in video games, he was a sportsperson who liked running and adrenalin rushes, the mobile game was so not him, so he ignored the messages.

Getting bored he kept his mobile too on the table beside the watch. He pulled up his backpack and took out a book from the front.

The book was titled 'Superhero corps: the poisonous drama'. Another thing that Seth loved was books, he had a creative mind, so much that he had created another universe of people just like he wants, rules that were made by him in his mind, when he would dream at night he would get lost in this world of his.

The book that he was reading –the Superhero corps, it was a superhero series written by an Indian author. The story was all about a girl, who was a cop and her adventures with her partners to find the escaped antagonist with the help of gadgets from the future, which gave them the superpower. He had read all the previous series and this was the latest.

He started reading and eventually tired started sleeping lost in his own world.

************************************

Game time:

She is the ace of all my sisters??

browniewrites