Excess of laughter- bad medicine

"Guess, I overdid it up there," Seth said hands behind his head, he didn't seem sorry at all just a little bored.

"Yup, you sure did the gardener hard, why did you want to know who send him his money"

"I told you, just curiosity. I shouldn't have done that, now I won't be able to show you the hollow part" Seth said as they started walking back towards the house.

"What hollow part, I don't remember seeing any hollow tree around the church," Xenia said thinking.

"There's no hollow tree, I am talking about the hollow space behind the stage", Xenia shuffled a little at this and Seth saw this "you okay"

"yeah," she said "I think a stone must have gone into the shoes" she bent down to remove her shoes.

Sure enough, there was a pebble inside, she quickly took it out and threw it away. They resumed after Xenia had put her shoes on back.

"You must be talking about the hollow place at the corner of the stage" Xenia said and Seth looked at him wide-eyed.

"How do you know where the hollow space is," he asked surprised.

"The hollow space we are talking about is the space that is used to hide the characters that have to enter the stage directly without being noticed by other people, it was used when there would be plays arranged in the church," she said giving him a knowing smile.

"How come you know about that space if it was used in a play to surprise the audience" looking doubtful at her.

"What do you think, I was a part of the play dumbo"

"Oh, must be a flop show then," Seth said jokingly.

Xenia punched him playfully on his arms at this and sticked out her tongue, Seth raised his eyebrows, smiling playfully.

"You are so weak, even a squirrel is powerful than you" he taunted.

"I didn't hit you hard, because I don't want you to think that you were beaten by a girl" Xenia replied cheekily.

"Really, I would like to see your full power then"

"I don't think so" Xenia denied him looking away.

"Okay then except it I am more powerful"

"Boys, why do they always think that they are always powerful," Xenia said rolling her eyes.

"I don't think I am powerful. I just think you are weak" Seth protested.

"What's the difference"

"The difference is, I think Vera is powerful than me while you are not," Seth said making Xenia turn quickly towards him.

"Don't tell me that you are afraid of Vera" Xenia said laughing aloud.

"No, I ain't afraid of her, it's just this that I would not want to be on the opposite team against her" Seth quickly clarified.

"Don't worry I won't tell Vera that you are afraid of her" she said laughing, she enjoyed seeing Seth this miserable.

"I. Am. Not. Afraid. Of. Her." Seth said stressing every word.

"Nope, you are"

"Fine, think whatever you want," Seth said looking away from Xenia and crossing his hands.

"Why do always take things seriously, It just spoils the fun" Xenia said as she stopped laughing.

"Why do you always joke" Seth countered.

"Fine, I am sorry but haven't you heard, laughter is the best medicine"

"I have but, access of anything is not right too"

"fair point. let's just forget about it, anyways Vera is not that bad a girl that you should be afraid of her" Xenia said as they took the turn.

"Whatever, tell me one thing you have been joking around since the whole day. I have never seen you like this before, is there anything special today" Seth asked looking at her.

"Not that I know of any" Xenia answered.

"So, why are you doing so much joking today"

"Maybe, because I am happy today"

"I agree that you look happier today. Do you joke like this with everyone when you are happy" Seth asked as they walked past a house with a lovely garden.

"No, I usually am a quiet little thing but, I used to when I was young when dad......" she suddenly stopped.

"I-I am sorry about your dad, what exactly happened? How did he die? You can tell me if you want" Xenia looked at him "I shouldn't have said that, sorry"

"No, it's alright......" Xenia said slowly, "...... He died in an accident near the church. There was a rock slide and he was crushed under it"

"Must have been tough for you after that"

"very much but, I am used to it now. I have accepted that he is dead and I can't do anything about it" she said a little sadly.

After that, they talked and laughed the whole way till they reached the home, this time they didn't knock on the door as Anna was outside too. She was sitting there reading a book.

"Oh, you both came. Where were you all the time" Anna asked looking up from her book as soon as she saw them?

"We went to the church, Seth wanted to do some research," Xenia said going to her side, "what are you doing out here, gran"

"can't you see, I am reading," Anna said holding up the book she was reading.

"I can see that, why are you reading out here. You could've read the book inside too" Xenia said confused.

"Well, I wanted to have fresh air so I came outside" Anna replied calmly.

"Very well, let's go inside now it's already seven. I don't think you will be able to read now gran", Anna nodded and they all went inside.

"I have the dinner ready, you should come and eat" Anna announced, both of them happily moved to the dinner table, hungry as they were after the long day. Anna served the dinner and they started eating.

"When are you planning to take out the Delphiniums from the garden," Anna asked sternly, as they were eating.

"I will do them tomorrow" Xenia answered suddenly remembering about the poisonous plants.

"I will help her out, Anna" Seth assured her.

"But, how are you planning to do it if the plants are poisonous," Anna asked looking at Xenia.

"We can use gloves and face mask, that will do. I don't think it would be that hard after all there are not many" Xenia suggested.

"Maybe they are not, but still they are dangerous," anna said firmly.

After dinner, both of them went back to their rooms to rest.

Seth was lying on the bed thinking about the church, he had no lead still he couldn't think of giving up the search. He didn't know what but, there was something about the mystery that intrigued him.

Maybe, the constant effort he was putting and getting no results prompted this, he didn't clearly know.