Seth....... Encounter?

************************************

The banging on the door jolted Seth awake from his train of thoughts. On instinct he went inside and took necessary things out of the cupboard into a duffle bag. He took it and went to the bathroom.

There was a glass window to the back of the bathroom which had removable frame. Another of the cliché escape idea. When Seth had seen this for the first time he had asked 'is this place a cliché house'. Uncle colt had just laughed at this too.

Now it seemed like his uncle had a some kind of a fore warning that this was going to happen.

He quickly took out the detachable side panels and then carefully took the glass and placed it to one corner of the bathroom carefully.

The banging had intensified a whole lot now it looked as if they were banging to break open the door.

Seth looked one last time at the door and then climbed up the window sill. He now had a choice, either he could jump down or he could take the ladder beside the window and climb up.

Seth thought against going down, then catching hold of the ladder he started climbing up. It was a steel maintainance stair and a very old one at that. It was squeaking as he made his way to the top.

Seth soon reached the top floor and propeled himself up to the terrace. The terrace was just as bare with nothing much, it was walled from all the four sides.

Seth went to one of the side and looked down only to see a group of police surrounding the building.

There wasn't even a way to jump to the next terrace as there was none. Seth realized his mistake. He had just cooped himself by coming up here. There was no way he could go anywhere from here.

He will have to go down. Seth turned and started running towards the door of the terrace.

Reaching there he started going down at full speed. Hoping that nobody comes up from the stairs. It seemed like his luck had finally run out, for Seth suddenly heard many footsteps coming up.

Seth turned and started running upward, he was not going to jump that was finally. He was thinking of taking the same ventilation stairs back that he had used to come up.

Seth turned to the last row of ladder, and he froze. For there on the door of the terrace were a few police men. They had their gun trained on him.

Seth cursed silently to himself and slowly raised his hands in surrender. The police men came down in a single row and surrounded him at the same time the police men from below caught up with him.

One of the police officer came forward and cuffed his hands. They then took him to one of the police van that was standing below.

Few of the police men entered the van with him. The door was then closed while the remaining men went to the other vans and jeeps.

With a jolt the van started moving ahead. Seth looked around him at the faces of the police men that were with him.

He saw three of them smirking in his direction. Two of them avoided his face while the others just chatted with each other occasionally looking in his direction.

The van rumbeled indicating that they were driving over uneven roads. Seth clutched his bag tightly that he still had.

"Where are you taking me" Seth asked trying to get some information out of them.

"Don't worry boy, just relax" one of the smirking police man said.

"Yeah, I will say this, no amusement park ride was as fun as the one that you are going on soon" other police man said.

You.... Seth caught that word. Maybe it didn't mean anything or maybe this meant only one thing- Encounter.

Guess it was destiny that the whole family had to die this week, Seth sighed. He was happy that atleast now he wouldn't have to worry anything about his living. He would be free too, soon.

Suddenly the van rocked dangerously and a pounding came from the jeep. There was a gunshot from above and the van skidded to stop.

Every police man in the van tensed and took out their gun. All of them trained it to the door of the van, ready to shoot if any one opens the door.

There came a banging on the door, the police men tensed but, no one dared to move. Nobody went to open the door. The banging came again.

Shot!

One of the police men had taken a shot at the door. There was a bullet hole in the door now.  Everyone waited in stunned silence not knowing what to do next. Suddenly the banging came again.

Shot! Shot! Shot! Shot! Shot!

Everyone in the van had taken the shot this time, they all shot at the door three to four times. The van had several holes and puncher marks now.

Suddenly gas begain to come in from those holes. Seth moved to cover his nose the other policemen followed suit.

They tried to hold their breath but, what good would it do. Eventually they had to exhale and breath in the gas. The van was fully filled with gas.

Seth felt dizzy and he heard the loud thump as a police man dropped down. Seth had to strain his eyes open, they felt heavy and drooping. Another one of the men dropped down.

Seth finally gave in and closed his eyes. The last thought in his mind was 'not again'

****

Seth opened his eyes to look that he was lying down on a bench in some garden.

Getting up he looked to see that he had been sleeping on his bag. He clearly remembered what had happened.

Wasn't he unconscious in a police van, how did he end up here on the bench then.

"Hello Seth, glad you are awake. Coffee" A familiar voice called from behind.