Escape Via the canal

************************************

He gripped the handle of the door hard in frustration, thinking of breaking it. He knew that no chance in hell will his next guess be right. The odd was too much against him.

He needed to think of another way and that too fast, he hadn't met anyone while he was coming down apart from an unlucky encounter. That was his luck, and he was out of it now.

He hadn't cared to hide the two bodies in hopes that he will be out of here by the time they gain consciousness. He regretted his decision now.

He now had two choices, either break the door and get in or think of another way out. He knew that if he tried the first way it would attract a lot of unnecessary commotion.

Frustrated Seth gripped the handle tight and twisted it, he yanked the door in frustration. The door opened.

Seth looked up expecting someone on the other side but, there was nobody there. Seth looked at the pad beside the door confused then at the door.

What in the world happened just now? Seth was confused but, he didn't stand there long enough. He was already moving inside closing the door behind him.

Seth looked around to see that there were various vehicles, jeeps,  trucks, and cars parked to one side of the room beyond those vehicles were three big gates that probably opened to the roads.

While on the other side Seth saw there were water bikes, all of them were in a water canal that went straight to the metal door on this side.

There's probably sea or lake on the other side of this door Seth thought. He started walking towards the water bike.

Seth knew that it's tough to chase in water than to chase on land. He would've better rate of surviving a chase on water than on land.

Seth walked to one of the motorbikes and mounted it. Seth looked at it to see that this wasn't like the usual water bike, that we see on beaches and lakes.

This one looked high-tech and modified. Seth had no doubts that there were guns attached somewhere inside these bikes.

Nonetheless, the bike turned on the moment Seth mounted it. The engine roared softly and the screen in front of the bike lit up.

Seth saw that it was showing a map and there was a search bar on the top right corner.

"Cool this thing even has a GPS, won't be a problem to get out of here now," Seth said happily.

Seth tapped on the search icon of the screen and the search tab came up. Seth stared at the tab for a minute, his fingers dancing over the keyboard not writing anything.

Just then Seth realized that he had nowhere to go, not his home neither his uncle's place. Where should he go then.

Seth looked at the tab for quite a time before closing it. Seth had decided that he will just get out of here and then decide where to go and what to do.

That's when Seth's eyes went to a blinking icon on the screen. It flashed 'Emergency Exit'

"That's more like it," Seth said and clicked on it.

Suddenly the bike roared a little more louder before it started gliding ahead, the speed increasing.

Seth saw the door opening and he shot out of the garage to see the evening sky. The bike moved automatically and was gliding straight ahead.

Seth looked back at the building from where he had just ran off from, only to see a big building, more like a research facility or a factory. Seth looked at the door from where he had just got out.

It seemed like a back door of the garage that ejected to this river, Seth looked around to see a modern bio environment. It was green mosses growing on walls and litters on the banks of the river. It was a narrow river, there was a huge wall behind both the shores of the river.

This looked like a back canal, used by factories to dump waste. The only positive point was that there was no one there who saw him going out.

Seth was glad that he got out from there without a big scandal. He now only needs to lay low for a while to let the matter cool down.

Seth didn't know how he was going to do that but, it was necessary if he wanted to survive. There was a possibility that the man will just forget about him and let it go, but there was also the probability that he will send some men behind him to hunt him down.

The bike was roaring through the river now at full speed, Seth hadn't noticed the continuously increasing speed of the bike and now it was gliding very fast.

Seth clutched the handles, holding for his dear life. He closed his eyes as he couldn't keep it open at this speed, he braced his body to the bike.

He blanked out his mind thinking nothing, just focusing on clutching the boat tightly. It was the feeling that people get when they are in a water park riding a tube down the slide at full speed.

Seth had no idea of how much time had gone by before he felt an impact and was thrown off the bike.

Seth forced open his eyes and swam up, he soon broke the surface and looked around. There was a pier in front of him and it was late evening now. Seth followed the pier to see that there were many people there enjoying the sea.

He luckily had taken a hit on the corner of the pier where nobody bothered to come. Seth climbed up the pier.

He lied down on there breathing heavily as his adrenaline rush calmed down. After that, he felt good enough to stand up.

Seth stood up and looked at the city, he knew now where he can shelter for a while.