Hazel eyes saved the day

Sorry for a day delay in update.... I was outta station 😅

Another update of tomorrow will be regular 🙂

************************************

Both of us went there and did some more practice.

"let's have a friendly play, I am Raghav by the way" he said.

"Seth"

After the introduction, they stood in front of each other and started practice, it didn't went as intense as it had gone during the selection but, they didn't went easy on each other either.

Seth learnt that Raghav has a tough spot to his left, he rarely took any shots that went to his extreme left, other than that he was an ace.

"Okay enough for today, both of you can leave now" the sir said after he came to check on them, you will come tomorrow after the break for practice, understood"

Both of them nodded and the sir left.

"Hey, want to roam around before going to the class?" Raghav proposed as they started walking towards the canopy in the front.

"Fine with me" Seth agreed.

"I saw that you have tough time taking a shot directly infront of you" Raghav pointed out.

"And you have problem with back hand" Seth said.

"We will have to work on that, either we will have to perfect our Achillies heel or have to cover up for each other"

"What do you propose we do?" seth asked not at all interested.

"We can do...." Raghv started but, Seth wasn't listening much of it. They soon reached the canopy.

Seth saw Parth standing near a table inside the canopy, both of them made their way towards him.

"What are you doing here, why didn't you go to the class?" Seth asked as they reached him.

"The college left us a while ago, I was waiting for you. here is your bag" he said giving Seth his back.

"Thanks, there was no need for you to do this"

"It's, alright"

Just then the bad boy's group passed them and Seth saw Raghav scrunching his nose at them. The short boy who had answered to Chaitanya ma'am in the common room looked at Raghav.

Raghav looked away immediately.

Raghav sighed in relief as they all went out of sight. Seth heard this.

"What was that, who are those guys?" Seth asked, suddenly all interested in them.

"They are from this very school and are a bunch of troublemakers" Raghav explained.

"How do you know that?" Parth asked.

"I was their classmate" he simply said.

"Why do they behave like this?" Seth asked having a feeling he knew the answer.

"They are rich brats, that's why. They enjoy bullying others" Raghav said distastefully.

"B-b-bully, but, m-maam said this was a bully free college" Parth said nervously.

"Why are you frightened, don't worry they wont dare to bully you" Seth said assuringly.

"I will just say this, its not worth to go and argue with them. My suggestion don't be in their way and it's high chance that they will leave you alone" Raghav cautioned them.

"We will see" Seth said looking at the turn the group had taken to leave.

**********

"Man you are tough" Raghav said as he picked up the shuttle.

They have been practicing from two periods now. They had come down after the break for the practice.

"You are improving too" Seth said going to the side and taking a swig from his bottle.

"Thanks but, you are using my weakness very well, whereas I can't reach anywhere near it" Raghav said grudgingly.

"It would be better if only we could practice together against some one else" Seth suggested.

"You are right that way we would be able to make some strategies to cover each other weakness and then victory will surely be ours" Raghav agreed.

They both sat down on the chairs beside the ground.

"When did the sir say our match was," Seth asked.

"Sir said its just two months away" Raghav answered.

Two months, will they have to come down here for practice for two months, Seth thought. He was alright with it, it only helped him bunk the class.

"I just am thinking when will they announce about the annual fest" Raghav said to himself, Seth looked at him.

"Annual fest?"

"Yes, the college organize an annual fest just before the first unit so that the childrens don't stress about the coming exams and can relax" Raghav explained.

"Sounds like a good policy to me"

That was when two girls walked to the ground and started playing badminton, both the boys looked at them first and then at each other.

Raghav stood up and went to one of the girls.

"Excuse me, we were practicing here before you both came here" Raghav said politely to one of the girl.

"I didn't see you playing, while we came here" the girl retorted rudely.

"Please, we are practicing here for the tournament. It would be good if you just leave" Raghav shot back in a straight voice.

Seth had heard the rude words and went beside Raghav to stop it from turning into a big fight.

"No, you have no right to tell us off" the girl said in an obnoxious voice.

"What happened," the other girl asked coming there. Seth couldn't help but notice that she had hazel eyes.

"Actually, we were practicing here before you both came" Raghav said to the girl.

"Oh, I am sorry. We thought that no one is using the ground as it was empty. We will go now if you want" the girl apologized and Raghav nodded thankfully.

"I am not going anywhere, they are lying don't believe them" the another girl retorted gruffly.

Seth could see that raghav was going to loose it now. He tried thinking of anything so as to solve this without fighting.

"Okay, feel free to stand here alone. I am leaving" so saying the hazel eyed girl left.

The other girl stood there looking at the going figure. angrily she finally followed the girl.

Seth heaved a sigh of relief, thankful that the situation had not gone out of hand.