Uncle Jack shopping for clothes

************************************

Seth knocked on the door and waited for some time. An old lady soon opened the door.

"How have you been doing Anna" Seth greeted the old lady, with a bright smile.

"Seth is that you," Anna said surprised and then ruffled his hair, "I am doing good, what are you doing here"

"I will tell you everything Anna but, can we please come inside first please," Seth said, he was rubbing his hands.

"Oh, am sorry. Please come in and go to the hall. I will bring some hot chocolate, you both must be cold" Anna said stepping aside to let them both in.

Seth and Jack made their way to the hall and seated themselves.

"What should I tell her Jack. I am going to lie and tell her that you are my uncle" Seth said to Jack who was sitting beside him.

"No, I think you should tell her the truth, you can stick to me being your uncle part though" Jack suggested.

"If you say so," Seth said, he knew that Jack always had a reason to say something.

"That would all be good if only she doesn't already know about you from the news" Jack pointed out with a small smile.

"I highly doubt that there isn't that much signal here and even if there was I doubt she would've seen the news," Seth said just as Anna entered the room with two glasses of hot chocolate.

She handed both of them a glass and herself took a seat on the armchair.

"So, is the young man here your uncle," Anna said looking at Jack.

"Yes Anna," Seth said and took a sip from the glass "hmmmmm this is so good Anna"

"It certainly is, Nice to meet you, ma'am," Jack said.

Seth facepalmed himself at Jack's use of words. It was to be expected, afterall he was a profesionalist.

"Young man call me Anna if you please," Anna said with a humorous smile.

"Sure Anna," Jack said returning the smile as he took another sip from his hot chocolate.

"So, how come you are here Seth didn't you go back to India," Anna asked.

Seth looked at Jack, who nodded. Then he told Anna about everything from his family's death to his uncle's death. He left out the kidnapping part and his uncle having a gang part. He told that his uncle and his employees were all dead.

"That's horrifying, it must've been hard for you my boy," Anna said sympathetically.

Seth didn't say anything, Jack looked at him with understanding.

"You are right Anna, I am just glad he is safe," Jack said and Anna nodded.

"What do you plan on doing next," Anna asked looking at Jack.

"I don't know to be honest Anna, I brought him here so that he can have some change of mind" Jack replied, expertly making up the story.

"You did the right thing young man, you are welcome to stay here for as long as you want. In fact, I am going to make Seth's favorite dishes for dinner tonight" Anna said and Seth looked up at her.

"There's no need to go through all that trouble" Seth requested, he was having second thoughts now about coming here.

He didn't want to worry Anna just because of him.

"It's no trouble at all my boy" Anna replied giving him her granny smile.

"But,...." Seth again started to protest.

"No buts..., Xenia wouldn't like it if I can't keep her friend happy," Anna said shutting Seth off.

What could Seth say in that matter, there was no coming back. Jack looked at Seth and a small chuckle escaped he effectively covered it by coughing.

"Speaking of her, Anna had she called you while she was away," Seth asked keeping down his empty glass of hot chocolate.

"Yes, twice she had called me to ask about my health. She called last time a week ago" Anna said her head tilted a little as she tried to remember the call.

"Did she say when she will come back here?" Seth asked.

"Oh, she won't be coming here soon my boy. She has her own apartment provided by the people she works for" Anna said to Seth, whose face fell a little as he heard this.

After this, they did some small talks about the town and the church. Seth asked forgiveness for the map that he wasn't able to give back to her.

"It's not your fault boy," Anna said at that and gave him a smile, which made him feel better.

"Now you both go up to your rooms and settle down. Seth, you know your room don't you" Anna said turning to Seth who nodded and got up.

They both went upstairs to their rooms. Seth went to his room, while he showed Jack his own room. It was the room that his parents had taken while they were here the last time.

Going to the room Seth closed the door behind him. He went to the cupboard and threw his bag inside.

He then threw himself on the bed and tried to sleep. It was hard to come as he already had slept very much but, he did sleep because the flight had worn him out.

****

Seth opened his eyes to a knock on the door, Seth looked up as the door opened and Jack peeked in.

"You awake Seth," he asked walking into the room.

"Yes I am, why, what happened," Seth asked getting up and rubbing his eyes.

"I am going out for a walk want to give me company," Jack asked.

"You want to have a tour of the town," Seth asked disbelievingly.

"Yes, a tour as we take an evening walk," Jack said smiling at him.

Seth threw his hands up in surrender.

"Fine, I will come, give me few minutes to change and wash," Seth said getting down from the bed.

"Okay, I will be waiting for you by the door. Hurry up" Jack said and went out of the room.

Seth got up and then washed and then realized he didn't have any clothes to change in. Putting on his discarded clothes back Seth exited the room.

"looks like we will have to go shopping," Seth said as he climbed down the stairs. He saw Jack waiting for him at the door.

"We will have to go shopping soon," Jack said to Seth as he reached him, seth nodded.

They went out of the door to walk.