Eight

*Maddie P.O.V*

"Mads? You up?" I heard Con knocking on the door.

"Huh? Come in if you want." I groaned, opening my eyes.

The door opened and Con leaned against the door frame.

"Morning sleepyhead." He said. "Or should I say afternoon."

"Afternoon? What time is it?" I asked, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"It's 3pm, you sure as hell slept in." Con chuckled. "What time did you go to bed? Luce said she heard you awake at like 4."

"I didn't fall asleep until 5:30am. Was editing my YouTube video to post today." I said. 'And messaging Brad'.

I had messaged Brad at 11:30pm last night to say thank you for the day - he had responded and stayed talking to me until 3am when he went to sleep. I then had to finish editing or else I knew I wouldn't finish my video in time.

"Commitment. Anyway, we're going to leave here at 6pm to pop to the shops before going to Brad and Tris'. Make sure you're ready." Con said.

"You don't need to tell me twice. I'll be ready." I assured him.

"Alright, I'll leave you to get up." Con said.

"Cheers." He closed the door and I heard him go into his room talking to Luce.

I hopped out of bed and went to my wardrobe. After shifting through my clothes for about 10 minutes, I gave up and FaceTimed Reece.

"Hey, what's up. Have you only just woke?" He asked, shock evident on his face.

"Hello to you too, and yes I have. Problem?" I said, placing my phone on my dresser and grabbing three dresses.

"Not at all." Reece laughed.

"Who you talking to?" I heard George ask in the background.

"Hey George, how are you." I said.

"Oh hey Maddie. I'm good thanks, how's you?" George said, coming and sitting beside Reece.

"I'm good thanks. I was just calling to ask for help. I can't choose what is better to wear." I said, and I showed them the three dresses.

"Show us 1 by 1." Reece said.

"Okay, so the first is a two piece, this black mini skirt with this ruffled checkered top." I held them against my body. I placed them down and grabbed the next. "This is the second one." A white mini dress, thin straps and a flowing skater skirt like bottom. "And this is the third." I showed a black, shoulder less tight fitting dress.

"Definitely the last one." George said, and Reece agreed.

"They're all lovely but the last is the best." Reece said.

"Okay, it's decided. Thank you! I'm going to go and shower, I'll see you later." I smiled and waved goodbye.

"Bye!" They both said, and hung up.

*Brad P.O.V*

Nearly everyone was here - everyone except Con, Luce and Maddie. They had gone to get some stuff before coming here.

"Maddie's text saying they're literally a minute or two away." Reece announced.

"Awesome, get ready for the party to officially start." Tris said.

I finished my drink and went to throw the can away. Whilst in the kitchen I heard a knock at the front door. I went back into the sitting room to see Tris had gone to answer it. I sat next to Kirstie and James, flicking through the songs on the MacBook which was hooked up to the sound system.

I stood up to say hi as Tris came back. "Hey Con, Luce." I hugged Luce and then turned to look at the doorway where Maddie had just entered.

I swear my jaw visibly dropped - she looked absolutely stunning. She had a black dress on, tight fitted and really short, matched up with black heels. She had curled her hair and done her make up, she truly looked stunning.

"Hey." She smiled at me, breaking my trance.

"Hey Maddie." I smiled, and hugged her. "You look stunning."

"Aww thank you!" She said.

"She does! Maddie, you looked nothing like that when you FaceTimed earlier!" Reece teased.

Everyone complimented her and she did the rounds giving everyone a hug hello.

"Did you want a drink?" I offered Maddie, Con and Luce, and they nodded in response, following me to the kitchen.

"Take your pick." I said, opening the fridge. "Or you've got gin and tonic which Kirstie made up about 5 minutes ago."

"I'll have gin and tonic." Maddie said, and Luce agreed. They both grabbed glasses and filled them as Connor came over to the fridge to grab a cider.

"So, how long has everyone else been here?" Con asked.

"Not long, James and Kirstie arrived first about 20 minutes ago and Blake, George and Reece got here 10 minutes ago." I said.

"I'm going in the other room." Maddie said.

"Okay, Luce you can go too if you like." Con said.

"Cool." Luce said, and said something to Maddie and they went off laughing.

"Brad." Con said to me when they'd left.

"Yes?" I said, suddenly worried. Is he going to ask me about Maddie?

"You've been very happy lately, but also very day dreamy. I've been making observations, and spoken to the boys. They agree with me. We can't help but think there might be a girl involved." Con said, leaning against the side and looking at me.

"Oh really." I said.

"I'm going to take that as a yes. Now, you don't need to tell me who it is. I have my guesses of who it is but I won't push you to tell me." He gave me a little smirk. "I can see she makes you happy, I don't ever think you've been like this before. I say hurry up and say something to her, you never know - something might come of it." Con said. "Just do us guys a favour and bring her to meet us when you're together."

"It won't happen." I said, looking away. That was practically admitting it was Maddie, without saying it was Maddie.

"We'll see." He smiled at me and then wondered into the other room.

He knows. He knows.