Fourty-Two

*Maddie P.O.V*

I was laughing at Reece so much I felt like I was actually going to be sick. I filmed him on snapchat as he stood in front of me, playing his electric guitar really badly and screaming the lyrics to Teenage Dirtbag very off key.

"What the fuck is this racket?" George yelled as he and Blake walked in, and that was the icing on the cake to push me over the edge. I fell off the sofa with laughter, tears streaming down my face. Reece stopped playing and was in fits of giggles too, as Blake and George exchanged a concerned but entertained look.

"Well, it looks like another normal day in Reece and Maddie's friendship." Blake said, stepping over me and sitting on the sofa. George followed in pursuit as I controlled my laughter and wiped my tears away. I took several deep breaths as I had been unable to catch my breath for a long time just then, and turned to look at Reece who had ended up on the floor beside me, the electric guitar ditched next to him.

"Why didn't you go on to win X Factor?" I asked, and Blake and George burst out laughing, causing me and Reece to get going again. I swear, I'm a completely different person around these 3, especially Reece. Put me with Con, Brad, Tris and James and I'm mostly calm and collected. However, put me with these three morons and I'm a completely different person. Reece doesn't help either; if anything, he just encourages me and makes me worse. Not that I'm complaining.

"I'm actually gonna pee myself." I said, realising.

"Not on my bloody carpet! Go to the toilet." Reece said, nudging me with him toe.

"Ew, get your feet away from me!" I squirmed, jumping up and running to the toilet.

Once finished, I headed to the kitchen to get a drink to cure the hiccups I had. I heard a phone start ringing in the living room, and realised it was probably mine. As I reached the living room doorway, Reece was putting my phone up to his ear.

"Hey mate. Yeah, your girlfriend is just having a piss." He said, and he winked at me.

"Reece!" I shouted, and I went over and took the phone from him. "Hey babe, ignore that twat." I said, kicking Reece lightly before sitting on the sofa next to Blake.

I heard Brad laughing from the other end of the phone. "Hey baby, I was just calling to let you know that we're about to go live and do this interview on the radio in a minute."

I had asked Brad to let me know when they were about to do the interview so I could listen in to it. I usually listen to them when they do these radio interviews. I usually get Con to tell me when they're due on but instead I got Brad to do it today, to which Connor made a comment at me about being demoted now that I have a boyfriend. Sad times.

"Okay cool, will tune in now. Have fun!" I said.

"Thanks, will do! I love you." Brad said.

"I love you too, bye." I said, and hung up.

"They going on?" Reece asked, and I nodded. Reece yelled at his Alexa to play Radio 1 as Blake turned to me.

"This is their first interview since you and Brad came out as a couple. Reckon they'll ask Brad about you two?" Blake asked.

"Wait..." I said. That's something I've not even thought about. What if they do ask Brad about me and him? It would be interesting to see what they ask, and what Brad responds with I guess. "I've not even thought about that yet. Well, if they do then I guess it'll be interesting."

"I bet you they will. The presenters will know that the fans will love to hear about you and Brad. They're Braddie mad." Reece said.

"Yeah, that's usually what happens. It will get more people to listen if they ask about you and him." George agreed.

A sense of excitement bubbled up inside me as I thought about Brad talking about me in public. But also, I got a bit nervous. What if he says something I don't like, or he doesn't want to talk about me?

No, don't think like that.

"And joining us in the studio today, it's The Vamps!" I heard Nick Grimshaw's voice say from the radio.

"Here we go." Reece said.

"Hello lads, it's a pleasure to have you here today." Nick said.

"It's a pleasure to have been invited." Brad said, and I smiled. What a cutie.

"So you just released your brand new, 4th album yesterday! Tell us about it." Nick said, and all four of the boys took it in turns to say something about the new album- Brad spoke about the tracks, Tris and Con spoke about the production and recording process of the whole thing, and James spoke about tour, which led onto a big group discussion on tour.

"Okay, and I just have to mention because a lot of the fans have asked, I hope you don't mind, but Brad, congratulations on the new relationship status!" Nick said, and Reece, Blake and George all pulled the same 'I told you so' face at me, making me blush and giggle.

"Thanks man!" Brad said.

"So, tell us - how did it all happen? Also, how did you get around Connor with that one?!" Nick asked, amazed.

All of the lads started laughing, and Brad started talking. "Well, I had liked Maddie for a while but never said anything because I was like damn, she's Con's little sister I could never do that. But then one night we had a bit of a party at mine and Tris' place, it was us lads with Kirstie, Luce, and the New Hope Club boys, and we were playing Never Have I Ever."

"What a brutal game." Nick said.

"Yeah, it was very brutal this night - me and Maddie both got found out to have crushes on each other." Brad explained.

"Wait, really?!" Nick asked, and Brad laughed.

"Yeah! It was crazy I mean, I didn't know what to think." He said.

"Connor, what did you say?" Nick asked.

"Well, me, James and Tris had already had conversations about it without Brad and we were all pretty certain he had a crush on Maddie but we didn't want to ask just in case. So when I found out I was like 'hey man, I knew this already, and Maddie likes you too so' and basically just told him to go for it." Connor said.

"And you weren't even the slightest bit mad?" Nick asked.

"No I wasn't, I think I'd had so much time to think about everything and process it all that by the time they both confirmed they liked each other, I'd grown to picture them together and I thought they'd be cute, and I trust Brad with my life to keep my sister safe and happy so." Connor said, and I couldn't help but have the biggest smile on my face.

Someone give my brother a medal for how amazing he's been to me and Brad ever since that party.

A/N

Fun fact: I nearly fell asleep without posting tonight. This afternoon I had to go with my mum to drive to meet my stepdad a few hours away, I left straight after I finished my live lessons for school and didn't get home until 10pm and now I'm exhausted and my phone is 2%

Anyway, I'm half asleep so I apologise if this is bad. I love you all, thank you for reading. Goodnight from me :)

Ebony xx