Sixty-Seven

*Maddie P.O.V*

My head pounded as I woke, making me not want to open my eyes. I rolled over and put out my arm to hug Brad - but the bed was empty.

I opened one eye, looking puzzled. He was usually here... Maybe he just woke early and went to someone else's room?

I don't remember how I got here, but I was in my hotel room. Wow, last night must've been good if I can't even remember what happened.

Deciding I wanted to go and find Brad, I threw back the covers and groaned as I sat up, holding my head. I pulled on a t-shirt and a pair of joggers and shuffled my way to the door, messing about with my hair.

I walked next door to Con and James's room, and knocked. The door opened pretty quickly - it was James.

"Oh... hi Maddie." James said, kind of flatly. Strange, he must be hung over. "Come in."

I stepped inside and he shut the door. "Hi Con." I said, looking at him sat on his bed. "Have either of you two seen Brad? I woke up and he wasn't in the room."

Connor glared at me. "Are you serious?" He snapped.

I paused, frozen in place. I frowned, "S-sorry... I don't understand?"

"What do you mean, you don't understand?" Connor snapped, crossing his arms.

"What... have I done something?" I asked, and James went to sit beside Connor. Why was he so angry with me?

"Can you please stop acting so dumb?!" Connor said angrily. "Brad isn't here, you should realise that."

"Why? What happened, where is he? Did something happen? Shit, is he okay?" I asked, panicking slightly.

"Wow... you really don't remember, do you?" Connor said, and I shook my head. "Maddie, you kissed Reece last night."

Wait- I did what?! No... no I can't have...

I stared in shock and disbelief at Con and James. "No... no I didn't. Please tell me I didn't, James please tell me..."

"You did, Maddie." James said, with a hint of sympathy in his voice.

"Oh my god." I said, and my heart literally dropped to the pit of my stomach and my eyes welled up. Why. "Why did I kiss Reece? Why did I do that to Brad?! I don't even remember it, I don't remember doing that." My chest grew tight and I learn against the wall for support as I started crying. "So, Brad knows?" I asked, looking at Con.

He nodded. "He saw you do it. So did me and James."

Within seconds, I somehow ended up on the floor, crying my eyes out. Con came to sit beside me and pulled me in for a hug.

"I don't remember doing it Con, I don't! I was too drunk, I didn't mean it. I don't even feel anything for Reece in that way. I don't know why I did it, I don't know." I cried. "I love him, way more than anyone knows. He means the world to me and this is what I've done to him."

"I know, I know." Connor said, his voice sounding a bit softer. "I'm sorry- I assumed you did it deliberately."

"No, I promise you, swear down, it wasn't meant to happen. I don't remember doing it, I don't know why I did it, me and Reece don't even feel anything for each other. I was just too drunk to know what I was doing." I cried.

Connor rubbed my back as James' phone started ringing. "It's Tris." He said, answering.

"Hey. Yeah, Maddie's just come in. No, I think she needs to talk to him. Really? She's just told us her side of the story though. He needs to hear her out... right, put Brad on the phone." James said. I looked up, watching him, but he wasn't looking this way.

"Brad. Brad, listen to me. You need to have a conversation with Maddie, you can't just run from it. I know you're hurting, I know this is horrible but please, she's hurting too. This is why you have to talk to her. Wait, you know what I'll come to your room now, be right there." James hung up and looked at me and Con. "I'm going down to Tris's room. Not sure when I'll be back."

Con nodded. "Make sure Brad is okay for me and reassure him I'm here for him too."

"Will do." James said, and he left.

"Maddie, listen. Last night, you and Reece disappeared off to the dance floor to have a dance, clearly. Then when me, Brad and James went to get more drinks a few minutes later, we saw you and Reece..." Con paused for a second like he didn't want to say it. "...Over in the corner."

"What happened next?" I asked, wiping my eyes and looking up at Con.

"Well... Brad fled, I went after him whilst James filled the other boys in. Then Tris and James came here with me and Brad whilst Blake, George and Harvey got you and Reece back here. They didn't want to create a scene there and then because you were both drunk - we all were - so we were saving it for the morning after you'd sobered up." Con said.

"So... Brad went to Tris' room for the night?" I asked.

"Yeah... Tris and Blake's room." Con said.

We'd all been matched up to share rooms- me and Brad together, Tris and Blake together, Con and James together and then finally Reece, George and Harvey together.

"Where is everyone..." I asked.

"Well, George, Blake and Harvey are with Reece right now. Tris and James are with Brad. And I'm with you." Con replied.

"I want to talk to Brad." I said, going to stand up, but Con stopped me.

"Look, just wait for James to get back. Last I heard, Brad didn't want to talk to you right now. He's heart broken, Maddie, you've got to understand. Just imagine it was the other way around and Brad kissed a girl he's just 'friends' with." Connor said.

"I know." I said, beginning to cry again. "I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry."

A/N

Aww I make myself sad man :(

Had my first day back at school today and it was actually quite good cuz I got to see my girlfriend and mates for the first time in 2 and a half months so i'm not complaining ig :)

Hope y'all are well! Thank you for reading :)

Ebony xx