Sixty-Six

*Maddie P.O.V*

All the flashing lights, cameras and screams surrounded us up on the stage. We were now on night 3, our show in Cardiff, and me and Brad were making our way around the stage singing personal together.

We were singing our way through the final chorus, dancing around together and having fun. Being here on stage with Brad and the others is a feeling I don't think I'm going to get used to. Every night, although it's only night 3, is magical.

I sang the final line of my part, leaving Brad to sing the closing lines. He held his hand out to take mine, clutching it and looking me dead in the eyes as he sang, "Don't take it personal, but personally, I think you'd be better with somebody like me, but worst of all, you don't even see."

Everyone screamed again and Brad pulled me in for a hug. "You were incredible."

"No, you were incredible." I said.

"No, you were incredible." He said.

"Okay, we were incredible." You said, and he kissed my cheek and smiled before turning back to the crowd.

"Wow, Cardiff, thank you for being so loud during that song!" Brad said. "Okay, so this next song is a very special song which I hold close to my heart. I wrote it about someone incredibly special to me, who I love with my whole heart. This is..." He said, holding his mic out towards the crowd.

They all screamed back, "If I Was Your Man."

I looked over at Con who smiled at me as they all began to play the opening to the song.

*Brad P.O.V*

~2am~

"How the fuck is that guy even up dancing right now?" Connor said, slurring his words.

"I swear I saw him downing another pint just two seconds ago." Reece said, all giggly.

Yeah, we were all pretty drunk right now. We'd been at this club for two hours - by the time we'd got to the hotel from the venue, freshened up and changed our clothes, and then been driven to the club, it was already midnight.

So far, all of us had several rounds of drinks, as well as at least 7 rounds of shots on top of that. Clearly, some of us were more lightweights than others. For one, Reece, Maddie, George and Connor were all extremely drunk. Sure, me, James, Tris, Blake and Harvey were also pretty drunk, but those four were on another level of drunk.

We'd spent a large part of the last two hours sat at the table drinking and having a laugh. It was nice to get out after three days and nights of living in a tour bus and only getting out to go to a service station or to play our gigs. Cardiff also seemed like a great place at night, and the change of scenery from back home was also slightly a relief. This is one of the many benefits of being on tour.

A new song started playing, and Maddie gasped. "Reece, please I beg, it's our song, please can we dance?!"

"I talk a lot of shit when I'm drinking babyyy." Reece closed his eyes and sang.

"Funny joke, Reece." Connor said, and we all laughed.

Maddie pulled Reece to his feet and the pair of them stumbled off to the dance floor.

"I'm surprised they can even walk right now." James said, who was definitely the most sober out of us all.

"Since when did they have a particular 'song'?" Connor said.

"They don't, it changes all the time." Blake said. "I swear half the time if it's just a song they both like, they'll call it 'their song'." He laughed.

"That's such a Maddie thing to do." I laughed.

"So, Brad, how are you finding not being able to sleep with Maddie on the tour bus? Do you feel sad and lonely at night?" George teased.

"Before you answer, please spare us the details. I don't wanna hear about my little sister shagging you." Connor said, and I nearly choked on my drink.

"Don't worry, I wasn't going to go there anyway." I said, laughing. "It's weird, because we've been together every night for the past few months, but I'll live."

"True. Now, on that note, I'm off to the bar again. Anyone coming with?" Connor asked.

"I will." Me and James both said.

All three of us got up, taking orders from Tris, Blake and Harvey and then waking off.

"Reckon Reece or Maddie would want another drink?" Con asked.

"Perhaps. We should find them and ask." I said, and began to look around the dance floor. James and Con looked with me, although they were hard to spot.

"Um, Brad..." James said.

"What?" I asked, looking at him. He was staring at something, his expression shocked. "What are you..." I said, following his gaze.

And then I saw them. Maddie and Reece, over near the edge of the dance floor in the back corner. And I could clearly see that their lips were firmly attached to each other's.

"What the- no, hell fucking no!" Connor yelled angrily, making the people next to him look around with frowns upon their faces. Connor marched over there, and I watched him put his hand on Maddie's shoulder and pull her away from Reece.

I stared in disbelief at what I was seeing. Maddie... she was kissing Reece... and he was kissing her back.

Is she cheating on me behind my back- with Reece?!

I felt like I was unable to breathe, tears brimmed in my eyes and the music suddenly got way too loud for me to cope with.

"Brad, are you okay?" James asked.

I looked at him for a split second and then ran back to the table where Tris, Blake, George and Harvey were sat. I grabbed my jacket from behind my chair in a rush.

"Woah, Brad what's going on?" Tris said, standing up and coming over to me.

"Maddie kissed Reece." I said, loud enough for all the boys to hear.

"What?!" They exclaimed, and I took one look at their shocked and angry faces before it all got too much.

I turned on my heels and ran out of the club, ignoring Tris and James' calls.

A/N:

In all honesty.. this wasn't the plot twist I had planned for the big ending to this book (no this isn't the last chapter but this is the big 'event' before the book ends kinda thing)

Yes, I was going to make Maddie fall pregnant. But then I thought, it's all been good in the Braddie relationship, almost too good to be true (pls, I wanna listen to that song now) so I decided I should add a bit of drama to make it more realistic.

So... what do you all think? What do you think is gonna happen next?

Thank you for reading! Hope y'all are well :)

Ebony xx