Ten

*Brad P.O.V*

I stood in the kitchen, anxious as hell. Reece had pulled me out here and told me Connor would be out soon.

They both know I like Maddie. I know they do.

Connor walked in, and I took a deep breath to calm myself.

"Okay, Brad." Connor said. "I want you to be completely honest with me right now, okay?"

"Okay." I said, looking down and taking another deep breath. I looked up to meet his eye.

"Is it Maddie?" Connor asked.

I looked between him and Reece nervously. "Yes." I said, bracing myself for Connor to flip out.

However, they both looked at each other and smiled.

"I knew it!" Reece said, a happy tone in his voice.

"So did I. I just needed to hear you admit it." Connor said, smiling at me.

"You're not mad?" I asked.

"Why would I be?" Connor said. "You know earlier when I said that stuff to you about knowing there was a girl in your life? I knew it was Maddie."

"Wait- so the stuff you said about me just asking her and stuff? You mean it?" I asked.

"Yep. When you're ready, I suggest you shoot your shot. What do you say, Reece?" Con asked.

"I agree. Go for it man. All I want is to see my best friend happy, and I know you'll give her that." Reece said.

"Same here. I'm not mad because I know you'll give her the world and more, you'll treat her right and take care of her. I had a sneaky feeling for a while, so I've had time to think about it, and I trust you with her." Connor said.

I smiled. "Thanks guys."

"No problem." They smiled, and they both hugged me.

"Now, do us a favour and go speak to her. Poor girl was borderline having a panic attack a minute ago." Connor said.

I nodded, and all three of us walked back into the living room.

I left Reece and Connor in the living room and went into the hallway. I saw the front door open, Maddie stood just outside, looking up at the sky.

I went and stood beside her, closing the door as I walked through. "Hey." I said softly.

She turned her head to look at me. "Hey- I'm sorry."

"No, don't apologise." I said. "None of this is your fault. It's no one's fault. If anything, I should apologise for making you choke on your drink." I chuckled.

She laughed, looking me right in the eye. "Apology accepted. I guess Con and Reece told you?"

"Told me what?" I asked.

She sighed and looked away. "I don't want to make things awkward."

"No, you won't." I reassured her. "Go ahead and tell me, if you want to."

"I..." She paused for a moment, and looked at me again. "I like you. I have done for a while. I didn't tell anyone cuz I was scared and I didn't want to make anything awkward. I knew it would mess everything up. Now it's fine, I know you don't feel the same, so can we just forget about this and move on?"

I looked back stunned. I couldn't quite believe it. She likes me? Maybe she's kidding, maybe its the alcohol talking. I mean, she is drunk. We're all slightly drunk. But not drunk enough to forget this in the morning - so she can't be kidding?

"I'm sorry, this was a mistake." She said, turning towards the door.

"Maddie, wait." I said, placing my hand on her wrist as she reached for the door handle.

She looked at me, confusion written all over her face.

I placed a hand on her cheek and leant in, pressing my lips softly against hers.

She went from being tense to relaxed, and we both fell into the kiss, making it last a while. Sure, it taste of alcohol but who cares. I'd been waiting to do this for so long.

As we broke it off, I looked straight into her eyes, smiling. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that." I said quietly.

*Maddie P.O.V*

I woke up and my head was banging. The room was light and- wait where am I?

I squinted and noticed I was in Brad and Tris' living room on the sofa. Reece was on the floor beside the sofa, Con and Luce were asleep on the other sofa. I looked and saw Tris and George were also on the floor, although they were awake. The others must be upstairs in the bedrooms or already awake, we were all too drunk last night to drive home.

"Morning." I groaned to Tris and George.

"Morning." They said, and Tris gave me a smirky look.

I felt someone move from behind me, and I turned back to look, confused. It was Brad.

Everything from the night before came rushing back. The Never Have I Ever game, the question Reece had asked, my borderline panic attack in the hallway, the conversations with Reece and Con, and then... Brad kissing me.

"Morning." I heard Brad say, as he brought his hand up to his head. "My head."

I sat up, not sure what to do with myself. What happened after we kissed? Why don't I remember falling asleep on the sofa with him? My memory from the kiss onwards is gone. Wait, if he kissed me... what does that mean? Where do we stand? What are we?

"Morning." I said, pulling my dress down further. We were all still in our clothes from last night. We must've all passed out or something.

Brad smiled at me and sat up. "I need a drink." He groaned, getting up and leaving the room.

I instantly went and sat next to Tris so I could whisper.

"What the hell happened? What was that about?! Can either of you fill me in." I said, looking at Tris and George.

They both exchanged a look and chuckled. "Okay, let us remind you." Tris said.