Thirty-Six

*Brad P.O.V*

I entered Con's house, carrying my bag and guitar along with me - he wasn't home but Maddie was, and she'd told me to let myself in when I arrived. I instantly heard the sound of a guitar and singing from upstairs. Looks like she's started practising without me.

I had gone home to mine and Tris' place late last night, the first night that me and Maddie hadn't been together in a while. I had to get some stuff for today, and I figured it was easier to sleep there and then come back in the morning with my stuff. Logic.

I headed upstairs and saw Maddie's door was open, but she had her back towards the door. I wasn't sure if she knew I was here. I knocked lightly on the door and put my bag and guitar down on the floor as she turned around to see me.

"Looks like you started without me." I fake pouted, going over to her and giving her a hug from behind.

"Don't cry." Maddie said sarcastically, giving me a kiss.

"What song were you just singing?" I asked, going to sit on the end of her bed.

"You and Me by Niall Horan. Wanna hear it?" Maddie asked.

"Of course." I said. I could literally sit here and listen to her play guitar and sing all day if I could. I love her voice, and there's just something about her doing what is literally my job, that I love.

I sat quietly as I watched her sing through the song. She stopped about halfway through, claiming she hadn't learnt anymore of it yet.

"It's a work in progress, but I'm getting there." She smiled.

"It's sounding amazing babe." I said.

"Thanks." She said as I got up and went over to her, kissing her forehead and then grabbed my guitar. I pulled up a stool opposite her, and started making sure my guitar was in tune.

"So, have you started to learn the chords to Personal or do you need me to teach you?" I asked. She smirked at me, and I widened my eyes in response. "Miss Madeline Evelyn Ball, keep it PG."

"Think of the children!" She exclaimed, and started laughing. I laughed in confusion, until she explained it was a Michael Clifford quote. I should've known it would be something to do with 5SOS.

"I've already learnt them." She laughed, and I shook my head chuckling. Trust Maddie to turn something innocent into something dirty.

"Okay, let's see what you've got." I said, and she started playing, although she started from Maggie's part instead - we'd covered basis that she would take over Maggie's parts because, well it's pretty self explanatory.

We aren't doing it acoustic for the actual recording, but for practise we're just playing guitars and will probably film a quick acoustic version here today, as Maddie is doing a video for her channel about recording this so she could add that in.

When she reached the chorus, I joined in, singing along with her. It was sounding pretty awesome already if I don't say so myself. I cant even begin to explain how excited singing this with Maddie makes me. I mean, anything to do with her is amazing in my eyes, but this is a whole new level. I can just tell Joe is going to love our little recording.

Plus, if he likes it well enough, I know what he'll want us to do with it... which Maddie is unaware of just yet.

"You know what, you should sing more often." I said, once it was over.

"Why? I'm nothing special." Maddie giggled.

"Babe, trust me, you 100% are. You've actually got an incredible voice! And you would be able to get people to engage and listen, just look at your youtube channel, you get loads of people to watch that." I said. Imagine if she became a singer, now wouldn't that be some next level shit.

"Aww I do love you. Maybe. Probably not, but I'll consider it for you." Maddie said. I know she loves singing but she doesn't have the confidence to put herself out there in the world so she never has. Recording this song this weekend with me is the most out there thing she has done in terms of singing.

Maddie's phone started ringing, and she grabbed it. "Oh, my mums facetiming me." She said. "Do you mind?"

"No, not at all! Answer it." I smiled.

Obviously, our families all knew we were dating. We'd told them after we'd been together for a few days, to let the initial telling of the boys to settle down before we threw our families in the mix too. I remember the calls to tell them, Kelly had been so excited about it.

"Hey mum!" Maddie said, going and lying on the bed.

"Hey my darling, how are you?" I heard Kelly say.

"I'm really good thanks, how's you?" Maddie asked.

"All good thanks! Dads here, Simon come and say hi." Kelly said, and I heard Simon come on camera and start chatting to Maddie.

Within moments, Kelly was shouting to Maddie's younger brother to come and say hi as well. I know Maddie hasn't seen any of them in a couple of weeks, and I knew she would be wanting to see them again.

Before I could think too much, Maddie turned to me.

"Babe, come and say hi." She said, and I got up.

"Babe?!" Simon spluttered, trying to tease Maddie.

"Shut up." Maddie laughed, as I lied down beside her. Maddie propped the camera up so that we were both visible in the frame, and her family said hi to me.

"Hey." I said back, smiling. I do love the Ball family, they're all really lovely. From past experiences, I know that both mine and Maddie's families get along well so we don't have any worries in that aspect for future reference.

"Aww, look at you two. I still can't get over how cute you two are together. And those instagram pictures the other day! They were lovely." Kelly said, having a big 'proud mum' moment. Maddie giggled, and started talking to them about us, and we both sat answering her mums many questions that she had about us and how things were going.