Seventy-Four

~The Next Day~

*Maddie P.O.V*

I picked up my camera and started filming for the tour diaries.

"Alrighty then, so we are now in Glasgow and we're... how far from the venue?" I asked.

"5-" Con began, but I cut him off.

"Seconds of Summer!" I said, "Sorry." I laughed, and Brad also laughed, shaking his head.

Connor rolled his eyes. "Minutes." He said.

"5 minutes from the venue." I said, giggling. "I'm so excited for tonight's show. My family and a few old school friends are going to be there, my friends I haven't seen in years. This is the first time I'll be singing here and I've not really sung in front of family and friends before so I'm pretty damn nervous."

"You're going to do amazing." Brad said, coming behind me and putting his arms around my waist, hugging me. "I promise."

"Let's hope your promise ages well." I said, and Brad kissed my cheek.

"It will." He said.

***

I stood on the side of the stage whilst my makeup and hair was fiddled with by the girls as last minute touch ups.

I was so nervous - my family and my 3 close mates, Abbie, Natalia and Morgan had come backstage before the show and saw me and Brad together as a couple in real life for the first time. It was so cute, my family love Brad and the girls all freaked out over it when the four of us were alone earlier.

Me, Abbie, Natalia and Morgan went round in a group of four back in the school days. Gosh, that feels like ages ago now, although it's only been a few years. They still see each other all the time, just without me. Today made me realise how much I've missed seeing them.

"Maddie... you ready?" I heard a voice say, snapping me from my thoughts.

It was Reece.

"Oh, hey. Yep, I'm ready. Nervous because of who's in the crowd, but ready." I said.

"You'll do amazing! Just don't get too... you know, up there with Brad. Your parents are watching you." Reece said, winking.

"Fuck off!" I laughed, pushing him lightly. "I'm just gonna do my usual all out performance - they've probably seen videos of it online anyway."

"True." Reece said. "Well, here's your queue. Good luck!"

"Thank you!" I said, directing my attention towards the stage.

"So Glasgow... I need your help introducing someone to the stage." Brad said, and the crowd instantly screamed. "If you know, shout her name in 3, 2, 1..."

"MADDIE!" I heard everyone shout.

"My girl." Brad said, taking me by surprise. 'My gurl' eek man that does things to me. He's so cute.

Brad looked at me, and began.

"Don't take it personal..."

I walked onto the stage as the crowd cheered and I spotted my parents and friends together down at the barrier on mine and Con's side of the stage.

I waved to them briefly and then went to stand over beside Connor like I usually do, messing about with him for the first verse and chorus.

As per, when it hit my verse, I began to sing the song, making my way to Brad and dancing around with him. We sang our way through the chorus and bridge, having the time of our lives and singing together. Despite the fact that yesterday wasn't as good as usual, today was going so much better. I'm not sure whether it's because it's Scotland, where me and Con are from, whether my family and friends being here has given us a boost or whether the success of last nights performance has given us power again, but whatever is the trigger - me and Brad are on fire tonight.

And the crowd are loving it.

*Brad P.O.V*

Tonight we're staying over in Glasgow - tomorrow we have no show, but we're flying over to Belfast. We're getting a plane tomorrow afternoon from Glasgow airport.

Me, the lads, Maddie and her three friends had headed to Kelly's house to see each other properly for the night. Currently, we are all in the living room, me and Maddie sat next to each other on the sofa.

So far, it had all been fun and games. Maddie and Con's family had been especially nice to me. Kelly couldn't stop saying how cute we both were together, and Maddie's friends kept joining in on the conversations and agreeing. At least it's nice to know they like me being with their daughter/friend.

Also, one thing about these three friends of Maddie's; all of them are really chill about me and the lads. Like, they don't really care that we're 'celebrities', they just hang out with us like it's no big deal and like we're just their mates. It's lovely that they see us that way though, for Maddie's sake. It's nice to know they aren't/won't just use her to get close to us, you know?

Although I did see them all singing the lyrics to all our songs, so they are fans. I mean, I knew they like us are fans, Maddie's said that so many times in the past few years, but they wouldn't use her to get to us which is a really positive thing.

"I still can't get over your duet!" Morgan said.

"Neither!" Abbie and Natalia agreed.

"Who knew my darling angel could put on a performance like that?!" Kelly said. "I knew you could sing but performance wise, I had no clue. It truly was amazing."

"Did she cry?" Maddie whispered to the girls, but deliberately loud enough so we could all hear.

"Yes." All three of them whispered back, making everyone in the room laugh.

"Alright, leave Mummy Ball alone." Kelly said. "I saw my baby singing with the love of her life up onstage in front of thousands of people, let me have a moment."

We all chuckled. However the words, 'love of her life' echoed around in my brain. I'm really the love of her life, huh? I pulled her in a little closer to me, temporarily squeezing my arms a bit tighter to hug her without being too obvious.

After the tragedy of recent events, it seems like me and Maddie can bounce back from challenges in our relationship after all.

A/N

Heya,

Sorry for not uploading yesterday. I've been having personal troubles the last few days and now I've missed two uploads. Oops?

Anyway, I have 2 things I wanted to say:

1) The next chapter is the final chapter 🥲

2) I've changed my instagram username now. It's now lcverofmvlti and it's a multi fan account but still mainly The Vamps and 5SOS :)

Have a nice day/evening and thank you for reading!

Ebony xx