Thirteen

*Maddie P.O.V*

"I'll take a double chocolate chip please. Oh and could you add a flake?" I asked the dude in the ice cream van.

"Sure thing." He smiled.

I turned to face Reece, Blake and George. It was early afternoon and we had come out to get some pictures in Brighton. We had come to the beach, although it was pretty busy. The guys wanted good pictures and we fancied a day out. It was a nice day too, making up for the crowded beach.

"So, do you know what pictures you're going for?" I asked.

"Yeah, we were thinking group and individual. We've planned the group ones together but we're doing what we personally want to for our individual ones." Reece explained.

"Here you go." The man handed me my ice cream and I handed him the money, thanking him.

We began walking, eating our ice creams whilst they explained what they wanted. We found a free bench overlooking the beach, and sat upon it.

"This would be a good picture." I said, nodding to them three sat on the bench.

I handed Reece my ice cream as well as I went to take the pictures.

"You look hilarious holding two ice creams." I commented, looking through the camera lens and taking pictures.

"Not as funny as you do squinting through the camera." Reece retorted, and all three of them laughed. I snapped a few pictures of them, laughing and happy. They were natural pictures, they weren't looking. Perfect.

"Got some." I said, sitting next to Reece and showing them the pictures.

I took my ice cream back and looked out at the sea. I was glad to get out of the house today - Con was out at the studio with the lads and Luce was at work, so I didn't have anything to do.

However I'm massively confused. Con said they finished the album, so why do they need to go back to the studio? Whatever they're doing there, it's top secret, not even I know. I asked Con and he told me it was none of my business. Kinda rude if you ask me. But apparently whatever it is will be finished by tonight.

"Okay love, time to stop dreaming about Brad and get off to take some pictures." Reece said.

"Um, sorry?!" I said, snapping out of my thoughts.

"What, we all know its true." Reece laughed, holding out a hand and pulling me up.

We wondered down to the beach and walked across, navigating our way through the crowds of people. We reached a clearer part of the beach and Reece stopped dead in his tracks.

"What are you doing- oh no you aren't." I said. "Please?" I asked George, holding my camera out to him.

"To the pier." Reece said, and we both nodded and set off.

Call us childish, but we've done this since we first met when we were like 15. One of us will start of a running race, and the other always joins.

I sprinted across the soft sand, dodging past people. I looked behind me to see Reece gaining on me. He reached out and grabbed my waist, causing me to scream out as he pulled me to the floor.

"Sorry missy." He said, and left me there as he ran off.

I jumped up and looked back to see Blake and George laughing.

I knew I'd lost but I couldn't give up. I jumped up and ran after Reece, although he was practically at the pier by now. When I got there, he was crouched on the floor laughing and catching his breath.

"You're a cheater." I said, lying down on the floor next to him also catching my breath as I watched Blake and George walk up to us.

"You wouldn't change me so don't complain." Reece said.

"Oh I would. You'd be surprised." I warned.

"Rude!" Reece pouted.

"Hey Mads, I really like that stone wall there, could you get some pictures of me on it?" Blake asked.

"Sure." I said, jumping up and taking my camera off him. I stuck my middle finger up at Reece and flounced off with Blake, laughing.

*Brad P.O.V*

I listened through the song again and again, adding minor adjustments and making sure it was perfect for me to play to Maddie tomorrow.

I grabbed my phone to text Con.

Me: Is everything set for tomorrow?

I placed my phone down and looked at the wall in deep thought.

Tomorrow night is the night I'm going to ask Maddie. Me and Con ran to the shop earlier today to get some things we knew Maddie would like so we could semi decorate the studio. We brought little curtain things to hang around the edge of the studio to cover the walls, and fairy lights to go around the curtains. Con said she loves that sort of stuff.

My phone went off.

Con: Everything's set. I'm coming to the studio to meet you early, we'll set it up and then you can ask her to meet you at the studio when you're ready.

Me: Awesome. Thank you so much, you have no clue how grateful I am to you for all of this.

Con: It's not a problem man, I'm just glad she's fallen for someone who I know will take care of her.

I smiled. I pray the next 24 hours goes quickly. The nerves are beginning to get the better of me, I just need to get it out of the way. Its not that I'm not confident - I just don't know how she'll react to the fact that I wrote a song about her. What if she hates it?

I replied to Connor and then turned everything in the studio off. I grabbed my keys and jacket and left the room.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day.