Seventy-Five

~Time jump to the end of tour~

*Brad P.O.V*

Me and Maddie reached the top of the hill and she took hold of my hand, leading me to the edge. There was a steep drop of cliff but the view was incredible - definitely worth the climb up here, although it nearly killed us both.

"Sit with me?" Maddie asked, and I smiled.

"Of course." I said, and we both sat down. Maddie shuffled up close to me and put her head on my shoulder, cuddling in. I placed my free arm around her whilst keeping hold of her hand.

Last night had been the last night of tour - we had travelled all of the UK, Ireland and Europe together, and we were now in Denmark.

Tomorrow, we have a plane back home. Tomorrow, we start fresh; a brand new chapter of our lives together.

This tour has been a whirlwind. With everything that's gone on and being so busy, neither me nor Maddie had a proper time to reflect upon what happened a few weeks ago near the beginning of tour.

However, there was nothing else to be said to each other that we hadn't already said, so there wasn't any discussions needed. It was just a case of settling down from the high of tour and getting our heads straight again.

All I know is that the girl sat here in my arms right now is the same girl I fell in love with ages ago, and the same girl I want to marry and live a long old life with. No matter what.

"It's beautiful." Maddie said, gazing out at the view.

"You're beautiful." I said, making her smile. "But yes I agree, the view is also beautiful."

"How did we even end up here?" Maddie said. "Here, in this moment, the two of us together. I'm surprised."

"Do you know what I think the thing that's pulled us back together is called?" I asked.

"What?" Maddie said, looking me in the eye.

"Love." I said. "It's the only reasonable explanation."

Maddie smiled, looking down for a moment before looking back up into my eyes once more.

"Do you believe in fate?" She asked.

"Umm, not to sure to be honest." I said, truthfully. It's not something I'd thought much about before. "I guess so?"

"I believe it's fate for us to be together. It's our fate, our love. We're inseparable. That's what I think." Maddie said.

"You think?" I asked, and she looked at me, smiling and nodding.

"Well then, thank you fate for bringing me back to my gorgeous, lovely girlfriend." I said, joking about. I pulled Maddie in for a cuddle as she giggled, and then kissed her.

"I could sit here forever." Maddie said once we broke apart.

"So could I." I said, running my hand through my hair. "We could, if you want." I said, joking about again.

"Yeah, you know. We could buy a little tent to live in." Maddie joked back.

"Spend all day sat here talking and then sleep in the tent at night. I like it." I said.

"We could get a pet squirrel or something... that's if they even have squirrels around here." Maddie said.

"Sounds like a plan." I said. "Let me just ring Joe and tell him we're vacating to here."

We both broke character and started laughing - it's moments like these that make me so grateful that me and Maddie worked through the problem and sorted it out. I'm so glad I still have her. I worried I truly would loose her after what happened.

I guess we're just meant for each other though.

Ew, cringe.

"Well, I can't wait to see what this brand new chapter in our lives brings us." Maddie said.

"Hopefully lots of fun, love and laughter." I said.

"Well, I'll be kicking off if it doesn't." Maddie said, to which I agreed.

"I feel your pain." I said. "I was wondering, when we get home tomorrow, we're having a takeaway on me for dinner, at my house."

Maddie smiled. "Oooh, takeaway. What we getting?"

"Indian or Chinese?" I asked.

"Babe, you can't make me choose like that." Maddie pouted. "Rock, paper, scissors? Whoever wins first go?"

I nodded. "I'll be Chinese, you be Indian."

"Okay, three, two, one." We both said, and Maddie threw out a rock to my paper.

"Aha, I won. Chinese it is." I said.

"I wouldn't have complained no matter which it was." Maddie said.

"I know you wouldn't have."  I chuckled.

I guess all good stories should have a "fairytale ending". Something nice, pleasant, heartwarming. I mean, some good stories don't have good endings; some have horrific, sad endings. This is neither happy nor sad... it's not even really the ending to a story.

Well, the last story of my life didn't end all too well. However, I'm about to start up a new part of my life, and hopefully it will follow fresh, new, improved storyline. Plus, I'm going into it with the love of my life. What more can I want?

"I love you, Maddie Evelyn Ball." I said.

"I love you too, Bradley Will Simpson." She replied.

A/N

Well, it's over.

I want to thank each and everyone one of you for reading and showing my story love!!
Means the world to me :)

Let me know what you thought of it! 🤍

For anyone who's interested, I'm going to be writing and publishing an ot9 (One Direction and 5SOS) fanfic soon that you can check out.

For now, I'll leave you with my socials;

Insta: lcverofmvlti
Tiktok: talkfastbrad
Twitter: lcverofmvlti

For the final time, you for reading!

Love you all :)

Ebony xx