Twenty-Two

*Maddie P.O.V*

The next week dragged by- me and Brad both told our parents we were together, I spent a few days filming and editing videos, I did a 3 hour live with the New Hope Club boys, and I found myself alone in the house a lot. Sad, I know, but that's what you get when all your friends & your boyfriend are band members. They're busy, a LOT.

I massively drifted from all of my other friends when I left school and moved to London. Sure, I still occasionally chat to some of them - my best friend from school, Abbie, we talk sometimes but like I said, even we massively drifted. Maybe someday I could go back to Scotland and surprise her.

As I had a lot of free time on my plate, I decided to call her.

"Omg, Maddie! Hi!" Abbie said, answering almost immediately.

"Hey." I laughed. "I'm so sorry for not keeping in touch properly for the last several months. Things are CRAZY down here."

"Hey, don't worry about it! How are things?" She asked.

"Things are great actually. You'll never guess what happened last week." I said.

"What?!" She asked, and I could hear her excitement.

"Your girl got a boyfriend." I said, and Abbie practically screamed.

"OMG MADDIE! Who?! Spill! What's his name, what's he like, send me a picture of him. I need to meet this guy. Does he treat you right? Does Connor know?" She yelled.

"Okay, okay, calm down." I laughed. "He's amazing, loving and caring, he treats me very well. You already know him, you've met him before. And yes, Connor knows - it would be concerning if he didn't."

"Wait- WAIT! Are you and Reece together?" She asked.

"What?! No!" I said, bursting out into a fit of laughter. "No, no, no. Someone else."

"Wait- so if Con knows- are you dating one of the boys?" She asked.

"Wait one sec." I said, opening up our messages and going into my camera roll. I picked out some of mine and Brad's cutest pictures that either we or the others had taken during the past week and hit send.

I heard a scream emit from the other end of the phone.

"Abbie!" I laughed.

"Maddie! Oh my god!" Abbie practically screamed at me.

"Calm down love." I laughed, although I knew she wouldn't.

"Wait, Maddie." She said, stuck for words. "What?"

"Okay okay. So, I've liked Brad for the longest time but never told anyone cuz I was too scared of being found out by Con or Brad himself, cuz I thought they would both hate me. But a few weeks ago, when we were at Brad's house, we were all drunk - Reece, Blake and George were there too. One thing led to another and basically I got found out." I explained.

"Oh no I'm sorry- although it can't have been bad cuz look at you now." Abbie said.

I laughed. "Yep, it wasn't bad. Well, to start I thought it was. But then I spoke to Reece, then Con, and then Brad. Turns out he'd liked me for a while as well but just like me he was too scared of Con or me finding out."

"Stop, that's so cute!" Abbie said.

"I know! Then skip forwards a bit, and Brad invites me to the studio for a surprise. Turns out he wrote a song about me. He played me it, and then asked me to be his girlfriend. The rest is history." I said.

"Holy shit he wrote a song about you?! Fuck off!" She screeched again. "This is like a real life fan-fiction. How did Connor react?"

"Surprisingly, he was completely fine about it. He said he knows Brad well obviously, and he knows how well he would treat me. He literally gave him permission to make a move on me whenever he was ready to." I explained.

"Okay okay, girl to girl you need to spill some beans." Abbie said, and I giggled as she began to ask all sorts of questions.

***

I opened the door to Brad and Tris' place. Although Brad had told me to let myself in once I arrived, I couldn't help but feel like I was breaking in or something.

"Hello?" I called out, closing the door.

"Hey." I heard Brad call back. "Come on in."

I wondered towards the direction of his voice, going into the kitchen where him and Tris were stood having a conversation.

"That's a good point, if you bring it up to Joe I'm sure he'll try to do something about it." Brad said, and Tris nodded.

"Will do." They both turned to face me, smiling.

"Hey." Brad and Tris both said.

"Hey." I said, going over to Brad. He opened his arm and gave me a kiss hello, wrapping his arms firmly around my waist.

Tris excused himself from the room to call Joe about whatever they had been talking about when I turned up.

"I've missed you." Brad said, pulling me into another hug. "The days drag being away from you."

"I've missed you too." I smiled, "Just think, at least just tomorrow and then you're off for two days."

"That's so true. Do you know what I've been looking forward to all day?" Brad asked me.

"What?" I asked.

Brad took hold of both my hands and looked me dead in the eye. "To cuddle up and watch Netflix." He said, and I smiled. He is literally the cutest. My heart cannot take it, damn, he makes me the happiest. No one has ever made me feel this way before, it's quite mental.

"You're cute, you know that right?" I said, and Brad smiled.

"Not as cute as you." He said, kissing my forehead. "Shall we?"

"Count me in." I smiled.