Twenty

*Brad P.O.V*

"Do you know what he looks like? He looks like if Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger had a baby." Maddie said, showing me a picture of someone on her instagram.

"You know what- I can see that. I see where you're coming from." I said, and Maddie giggled. "I want a coffee, you coming?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." Maddie said, and I pulled the duvet back to get up. "Woah it's cold out here." Maddie shivered, also getting up. She's got a point, it had been warm under the cover.

"Did you want something? Like a hoodie or anything?" I offered, going to my draw. "You can choose." Maddie came over, smiling. She chose a hoodie from my draw - a good hoodie, too. "You've got taste." I said.

"Oh, did you want me to choose again?" Maddie asked.

"No, I mean you got good taste in clothes cuz that's the one I would've chosen for you as well. It's one of my favourite ones." I said, and she smiled, putting it on. It was definitely too big for her, but she didn't seem to care.

I took a step forwards and lifted her chin so I could kiss her. "Now, let's go and get some coffee." I said, and Maddie took hold of my hand and let me lead her downstairs.

As we walked down the stairs, I heard Tris was in the kitchen, sounds like he's making something to eat. We entered the kitchen, and he turned to face us.

"Morning, oh, Maddie I didn't realise you were here." Tris said, confused.

"Morning." Maddie laughed.

"We came in before you were home." I laughed. "I didn't hear you come home though."

"No, I got in around 3 in the morning." Tris said.

"I was long gone to sleep by 3." Maddie said. "I fell asleep about an hour after we got home."

"You did." I said, letting go of Maddie's hand so I could put on the kettle and grab some cups ready.

We got into a conversation about Tris' outting last night - he'd gone out with some mates in town. I was surprised he was even up right now, he must have a hangover.

I made all three of us a coffee and offered Maddie something to eat, to which she declined. Instead, I pulled her in for a hug.

"Did you see that Joe wants us to meet him tomorrow to discuss tour?" Tris asked.

"No? Did he message the group chat?" I asked.

"Yeah. He wants us to meet him at some meeting place tomorrow so we can start to sort out tour - create the set list, make plans for what we want to do, where we want to go, etc. There's going to be our tour managers and everyone there as well." Tris said.

"We're going to have to spend several days down there sorting things out." I told Maddie. "It'll be fun though. I guess I'll start thinking of songs I want on the setlist."

"Ive already decided what ones I want on there." Tris laughed. "Although I have no ideas for what we could do for tour like extra things and stuff. It might take a while to make those plans."

"Surely the setlist would be one of the easy parts?" Maddie asked.

"It is pretty easy to do yeah, as long as Joe and the rest of management agree on the list, we get to propose what songs we want on there, like our favourites or what we think the fans would want." I told her.

"Good luck to Reece. No doubt you'll be with him seeing as Brad will be busy." Tris joked.

"You aren't wrong." Maddie laughed.

Tris laughed. "Anyhow, I'm going to go to my room. See you later."

"Bye." We both said.

Once Tris left the room, Maddie turned to face me. "Could I ask you something?" She asked.

"Sure." I said.

"Does it bother you how close me and Reece are? I don't want to make you feel pushed out or uncomfortable or like you can't trust me." Maddie said.

"What? No, never." I said. "I did worry before we were together - I thought you'd end up with him seeing as you're so close. But now you're with me, I trust you to be around him and not do anything, why wouldn't I? Besides, you've been close friends for years, why would you suddenly decide to get with him when you're in a relationship with me?" I said, reassuring her.

She smiled. "Make me a promise... If ever you get worried about me and Reece, tell me? And I promise I'll always be completely honest with you. I promise that nothing will ever happen between me and him. Of course, we aren't going to do things we used to - sleep round each other's houses like in the bedroom together, etc, because although nothing ever happened it wouldn't be right to do that. But we're still gonna be close, hanging out round each other's, going out together. I just wanted to make it clear that I could never, ever, do anything with him especially now that I'm with you." Maddie said, and I could tell she was very worried.

"Maddie, I know you won't, I trust you, okay? Don't panic - I know how close you and Reece are and I don't want to come in the way of that. It would be completely fine if he was a girl, so why should his gender change that?" I said.

"Thank you." She smiled, finally reassured.