Seventy-Three

*Maddie P.O.V*

Much to my surprise, after me, Brad and Reece had had our conversation together and we rejoined everyone else, it wasn't as awkward as I had prepared myself for it to be.

No one was mad at me and Reece anymore. Everyone knew and understood it was a drunken accident. Everyone was just happy that me and Brad were able to pull through it and come out the other side stronger and better than before.

However, me and Brad weren't like our usual selves around each other. Something was clearly different, any fool could tell that. It wasn't like bad - we didn't hate each other or anything. It was just weird, it was like we'd only just got tiger get and our relationship was new; although we've been together for months.

I can't complain at all though. Brad still loves me and wants to be with me even after what I've done to him, and that means the world to me, even if it does take us time to get back to how we used to be.

We were currently at soundcheck; we had travelled up to Newcastle, got into the venue and settled into our dressing rooms and now me and the lads were onstage doing our little soundcheck.

"Right, we're going to play it as if there was this whole room full of fans, okay?" Connor said, and we all nodded. "Maddie, Brad, you ready?"

"Yep." We both said, exchanging a smile and Brad began to sing and the others began to play.

He sung through the verse and the chorus, and then I started Maggie's verse. However, during the middle of the chorus me and Brad sing together in, I saw Con wave to James and Tris to stop playing, and they all followed suit and stopped, leaving me and Brad confused.

"Thanks guys- Brad, Maddie, come over here a sec." Con said, and he waved us over to follow him to the side of the stage.

Me and Brad exchanged a worried glance and followed him.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Look, I get what's happened between you and I can see that you're a little set back to the early days of your relationship again, but... could you try to be a bit more... I don't know how to explain it, but you know how you have been at the other gigs we've done so far? There's an obvious difference in the chemistry between you guys and it's not like it has been. The fans are going to notice something is up." He said.

I sighed - I know the chemistry is different between us today. It is very obvious, like Con said. I guess we're both just nervous. After all, from what I did, we could've very easily broken up. It's put a dent in our relationship.

"Sorry, we'll try our best." I said.

"It's my fault anyway. I'm just nervous I guess. After what's happened, I'm just trying to get used to being like we used to." Brad said.

"I don't blame you, and don't be sorry." Connor said. "Me and the other two understand it's a big deal and a big thing. We're so proud of you two for sorting your way through this. But we promise you, you two are a power couple; you've proved it over the fact that you're still stood here together today. You'll pull of a good performance tonight no matter what, I have faith in that." Con said. "Let's try again."

*Brad P.O.V*

The crowd screamed as we finished Just My Type. I kid you not, no matter the circumstances, hearing the fans singing along to our songs and hyping the place up is one of the best feelings.

Next on the setlist is Personal. It's time to get Maddie up on the stage.

I looked to the side of the stage and saw her stood by the steps. She gave me a thumbs up to let me know she was prepared to come onstage at any moment, and I smiled and turned back to the crowd.

"Newcastle you've been incredible so far, such a loud crowd! Thank you!" I said, causing everyone to go crazy again. I laughed, walking towards the edge of the stage to be closer to the fans. "Now, it's that time of the concert where we invite someone who is very special to us boys up onto the stage." I said, and before I could start another sentence, a small chant began.

"Maddie, Maddie, Maddie." The crowd were chanting, and it was getting louder by the second. More and more people joined in, until I was certain the whole crowd were cheering for her.

I laughed again, looking over at Con who gave me a shocked but happy expression.

"Well then, seeing as you're all so eager to see her, let's get Maddie out here." I said, turning to face towards Maddie and holding out a hand to gesture to her.

Maddie walked out onto the stage and everyone screamed as she gave them a wave. She came right over to me, putting a hand on my shoulder and smiling, acting proper professional.

"We've got this, baby." She said. "We can do this. Let's go."

A sensation came over me, it was weird, I'd never felt it before. It's almost as if I was a car that wouldn't start, and Maddie's words were like the jump leads to get me started. I kissed her cheek and then started singing.

"Don't take it personal..." I sang my way through the opening part with Maddie by my side, hand on my shoulder.

However, as I entered the first verse, me and Maddie went our separate ways. I went up close to the edge of the stage, leaning over and singing to the fans whilst Maddie went over to stand with Con, imitating him playing the bass.

"You know how much I love it when you call me out." Maddie said, now over by Tris with his drum kit. She looked me dead in the eye as she made her way over to me, putting on a right old little performance.

Now, I don't know what it is, whether it's the adrenaline of actually having a proper audience or whether it is purely just because we naturally have chemistry, but me and Maddie were giving off a killer performance, and the crowd were living for it.

A/N

Hey, I'm so sorry I didn't post yesterday. I ruined my posting every day within the last few chapters!

Something's cropped up in my personal life and it led me not able to post yesterday I'm so sorry!

Anyways, hope y'all are okay. Please, if anyone is struggling with anything at the moment please reach out to someone you love and trust. It's surprising how much they could help.

Thank you for reading!

Ebony xx