Fifty-Eight

~The Next Day~

*Maddie P.O.V*

Brad helped me sit up on the bed. My head spun for a moment so I sat still, eyes closed, waiting for it to pass.

Brad sat beside me and took hold of my hand. "Take it easy." He said, putting his hand lightly on my back.

He'd been beside me this whole time from the second I got taken to hospital yesterday until today. He had been in the ambulance with me, come to all my tests with me, god he even slept in the chair last night so that I wouldn't be here alone even though I was sleeping anyway. He didn't leave to eat so Con ended up bringing him in some food. I bet he will be glad to actually get home now.

I was being discharged from the hospital now - I had to come back for another check up next week, but they said I'm okay to go home. There's no damage to my head, and yes I know I'm a bit bruised and cut around my face but that'll heal up. My concussion is the main issue. I have to go home and rest for several days.

Doctor Kahl from yesterday walked into the room and handed some papers to Brad. "These will need to be filled out before Madeline can leave." He said, and he started going though the papers with Brad. "Now, Madeline. How are you feeling?"

"I'm good thanks. Just a bit dizzy when I sat up, and my head is banging. The cut on my head hurts a bit. But other than that I'm fine." I said.

Doctor Kahl nodded. "That's normal. You'll feel like this for several days. There's also lots more side effects or symptoms for concussion. Here's a little leaflet about it so if anything happens you can refer to this." He opened it up and showed me various pages. "Here is a page of symptoms and side effects. Or you have this page which tells you when you should ring 999. If any of this stuff starts happening, you'll need to come back in. Although you seem pretty fine at the moment so I doubt you'll have to return." He smiled.

"Thank you." I said, taking the leaflet off of him. "One quick question - if I have to rest for the next couple of days, should I cancel plans? For example, I do singing lessons every Monday and Friday, so would I need to cancel them?"

"It doesn't really matter, it depends how you're feeling in yourself. However I would recommend you cancelled them because it'll make your recovery quicker and easier if you just relax." Doctor Kahl said.

"Okay, thank you. I just wanted to know so I can let them themselves know." I said. I'll have to get in touch with Freya, my vocal coach, to let her know I won't be there on Friday. It's probably for the best, I know for a fact that if I still feel like this on Friday then there's no way I want to be singing.

Brad finished off the papers and we said our goodbyes to Doctor Kahl. A nurse stood in the room and we cleared it out, both of us grabbing our phones and walking out. She led us down to the reception area and then we departed ways from her.

"Well, Miss Ball." Brad said, holding out his hand. I took it, and smiled.

"Well, Mr Simpson." I said.

"Let's get you home shall we?" Brad smiled, and I smiled and nodded.

"Let's." I said. "I just want to get into bed."

"And you can." Brad said, beginning to walk out, leading me. "You can do whatever you like for the next few days whilst you recover. If that means you want to stay in bed all day then so be it. I don't mind staying with you."

I giggled, and we walked out into the fresh air. I saw Con's car right outside the hospital. He was already here and waiting for us. He had to come to collect us seeing as the ambulance brought us here so we had no way of getting back home.

Brad went and opened the door for me, letting me get in first and then following me.

"Hey Maddie, how are you feeling?" Con asked.

"A bit better than yesterday but still sore and tired, plus my head is in agony." I said, resting my head against Brad and cuddling into his side.

"Well at least you can go home and relax." Connor said.

Home.

Home...

The memories of the day before rushed back like a tsunami and I stiffened up.

"Babe what's up?" Brad asked quietly.

"I'm scared to go home. I feel sick." I said.

"That's totally understandable. Did you want to come back to mine, if that makes it easier? Me and Con already had this conversation about you being weary of going back home to yours and we both understand if you don't want to." Brad said.

"Yeh, little sis it's fine. You can go to Brad and Tris' place for a while, however long you need. It's completely fine. I can get your stuff together and drop it over if it's too much for you to walk back into the house at the moment." Connor offered.

"I'm sorry, it seems so dumb." I began, but Brad stopped me.

"Hey, nothing is dumb. Your feelings aren't dumb. Maddie, someone broke into that house whilst you were home alone and physically attacked you. Your feelings are completely valid right now and you have every right to be scared." Brad said, and although I felt sick with worry, my heart melted a bit. This, this is why I love him.

Connor began to back up what Brad had said, and I smiled and thanked them both. Neither of them have any clue how much they've done for me.

All of a sudden, I had a thought. Reece- I haven't spoken to him since before the incident.

"Oh my god, Reece, does he know?" I asked.

"He knows, I rang him to tell him. I've been keeping him up to date. Whenever you feel like it, give him a call or a text to let him know you're okay, but he said it's no rush because he understands you've got a lot to deal with right now." Connor said.

"Thank you so much." I said, relaxing. At least he knows.

A/N

This was kinda a filler chapter but yeah she's going home now luckily :)

I nearly fell asleep writing this... anyway I'm waking up early and getting maccies breakfast so I'm happy.

Hope y'all are having a good day/night and thank you for reading!

Ebony xx