Thirty-Eight

*Brad P.O.V*

~10pm~

"Summer has come and passed, the innocent can never last." Connor sang.

"Wake me up when September ends." Me, Maddie and Luce joined in.

"Gotta love a bit of Green Day." Maddie said.

"They do have some bangers." Connor said.

Me and Maddie hadn't been back at Con's long as we'd spent almost all day at the studio. And it was a result - we had finished the song. Well, nearly. Alex was going to go back to the studio tomorrow to finish producing it, but me and Maddie had done all we could do towards it. Now, it was just to wait for Alex to finish it and forward me over a copy, which I can then present to Joe and the rest of management. And I plan to have Maddie with me when I do so, although I haven't asked her about that yet.

"I'm going to get a drink. Want anything?" Maddie asked me.

"No, I'm good thanks." I said.

"Okay, what about you two?" Maddie asked.

"We've got drinks, thanks." Con said. Maddie jumped up and went off into the kitchen, and Con turned to me. "So, how did it go in the studio today?"

"Man, you're not prepared to hear what we recorded." I said. "I love it, I know that's bias but."

"I don't think it's bias. You should take pride in your work! Also you're singing with your girlfriend, it's really cute. Of course you're going to love it." Luce said.

"Yeah, I agree. I think you two make a proper little power duo. I can't wait to hear it to be honest." Connor said. "What's the plan for it? Like, when you play it to us and Joe?"

I changed positions on the sofa so I was more lied out, and then replied. "Well, only me, Maddie and Alex know what the track sounds like. I was thinking maybe bring the track along to a meeting that Joe is going to arrange with our producers and everyone and play it there. I want to be cruel and let you, Tris and James wait until then as well."

"That's so cruel." Connor said.

"I'm in agreement with Brad. We should make them wait." Maddie said, walking back into the room.

"Well of course you're going to side with Brad! He's your boyfriend, and I'm your brother and you love to torment me!" Connor said.

"Exactly." Maddie said, smiling and placing her drink on the table. She came and sat beside me, lying against my side. I slipped my arms around her waist, holding her close to me.

"So, are you going to ask Joe about sorting a meeting out?" Connor asked.

"Yeah, I've already spoken with him and he said there'll be a meeting in the next few days, he just needs confirmation of where and when." I told him. "You and the other boys will know as soon as I do."

"Awesome." Connor said. "Well, me and Luce are going to head to bed now, so we'll see you both in the morning."

"Goodnight!" We all said, and they both disappeared off upstairs.

Maddie yawned. "Are you tired by any chance?" I asked.

"No." Maddie said in a sarcastic tone, and laughed sleepily.

"It's been a long day, come on, let's go up to bed." I said, and Maddie sat up. Taking her drink in one hand, she took hold of my hand with the other and we both turned off the TV and the lights in the room and headed up to bed.

*Maddie P.O.V*

We finished listening to the song all the way through and I looked at Brad, my eyes wide with excitement. This track is amazing, it sounds great. I've never been so happy with my singing before, and for the first recording of a song I've ever done in my life, I'd say that is pretty decent.

"That is bloody amazing!" I said.

"Isn't it just!" Brad said. "Your vocals are amazing!"

"So are yours!" I said. We hugged each other, and I couldn't stop smiling. This was literally like a dream come true right now, I can't even begin to describe.

"Maddie, I need to ask you something." Brad said.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked.

"So you know how I have a meeting with the other boys, and Joe, and management and the producers etc to present this song to them?" Brad asked.

"Yeah..." I said, wondering what he was going to ask.

"Well, I was wondering if you would come along with me. It would be great if you could, so that the team who haven't met you before could see the person behind these amazing vocals, needless to say you're my girlfriend so I want to introduce you to the people you don't know yet. I'm sure they would love to meet you. And then you get to see everyone's reactions too, seeing as it's going to me the lads first time hearing it also. But, of course, if you don't want to come, you don't have to! It's entirely up to you, I don't mind what you choose." Brad said.

I smiled, nodding. "Of course I'll come! Will it be okay for me to come along though? Because I'm not part of the band or anything, would that be allowed?"

"Yeah, it'll be allowed! You're on the track, after all! I'm sure everyone would rather that you came too rather than didn't come." Brad reassured me.

"Then yes, of course I'll come with you!" I said.

"Thank you, you have no clue how much that means to me." Brad said, and we both smiled. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me in to kiss me.

This next week is going to be insane. The album drops, we've recorded this song and now have to present it to everyone to see what everyone's views are on it, and I've got a lot of promo to film on my YouTube channel for the album. I know this is going to be a long but exciting week ahead, and I honestly cannot wait.

A/N

I think the timeline of this fanfic is a bit off - I'm pretty sure the album should already be out because I was like 'the albums released in 2 weeks' and I swear I've written like double that and still haven't written about the release. Whoops - stay tuned for tomorrow's chapter :)

^^ did that even make sense? Lmao I don't know what I'm saying anymore. I'm tired phahah.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend, and that tomorrow is a good day for you :) thank you for reading!

Ebony xx