Twenty-Six

*Maddie P.O.V*

By Monday morning, I was well enough to be left at home alone whilst Brad and the others went back into their meetings. On the weekend I got Brad to type out a tweet pretending to be me to explain I'd fallen ill and would return to my socials once I felt better, so that pressure was taken off me until I was feeling well again.

I was spending my days in bed watching Netflix and sleeping. The more time went on, I gradually began to feel better, and by Friday I was up and on my feet again. I wasn't completely back to normal - I couldn't eat full meals or anything - but I was a lot better than I had been. Right in time for the weekend.

As another week is gone, it means the album release is getting closer and closer, as well as tour. The lads had known the- almost- finalised tour details all week, and were waiting until I was well enough for them to tell me.

"Hey, babe?" Brad asked, and I turned from my laptop to face him - I'd spent the day updating everyone that I was doing okay now and I would start posting videos again the following week.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Did you want to know the details of tour?" He asked, and my eyes widened.

"Yes, of course!" I said.

"Come with me then." He said, walking over to me and holding out his hand. I took hold of his hand and he led me downstairs to where James and Tris were sat with Con.

"Hey." I said to them all, to which they responded.

"I presume you told her?" Con asked Brad.

"I told her we had the tour details, but that's all." Brad said, and I smiled at Con, practically begging him to tell me.

He chuckled. "Okay, so here goes." He said.

Within half hour, I learned that: the first tour date was the 14th October, the last tour date was 1st December, they were going to be supported by New Hope Club and HRVY, and they showed me where they were playing and at what date.

"Wow, that's amazing." I said, in disbelief. Man, my brother and boyfriend are going back on the road again, this really is my life-

"There's one last thing, probably one of the most important things." Brad said, and he pulled out his phone and handed me it.

I read the notes: Setlist.

"Oh my fuck." I said, reading down. "These are gonna be fire live."

I stopped talking as my eyes landed on the song.

If I Was Your Man...

"She's seen it." Con said.

"Brad, how... it's unreleased how did you get it on here?" I said, looking at him.

"With a memory stick and some persuasion with the big guys, although they didn't need much persuading." Brad said.

"Oh my god." I said, shocked all over again. "I love that." I said, giving him a hug. So you're saying I get to stand out in the crowd every night watching Brad sing the song he wrote for me to thousands of people? Yes. Please.

*Brad P.O.V*

"No, babe, you need to do them separately!" Maddie said, pulling the bowl away from me and laughing.

It was 9pm and we had spontaneously decided that making cookies was the best was to spend the night.

"Brad, don't fuck up my cookies okay?" Connor shouted through from the living room and I heard Luce laughing.

I laughed. "I'm sorry, you want the eggs in this bowl?" I asked.

"Yes. On the recipe it says to do these two separate and then mix them together." Maddie said, reading off of her laptop.

"This is entertaining." I said.

I accidentally dropped the bag of flour, a little bit falling onto the worktop.

"Omg you're so clumsy tonight." Maddie said, coming over. She picked up the flour but got some on her hands in the process. She gave me a look, a little twinkle evident in her eye.

"Don't do it." I warned, and she smiled, looking kinda evil if I dare say so. She took a step towards me. "Babe!" I said, as she patted her hand on my head, coating it in flour.

As I reached for the flour bag, Maddie tried to make a run for it. However, I'm faster than her so had no trouble in going to her and wrapping my arms around her waist, pulling her in so she couldn't escape.

She was in fits of laughter as I wiped flour down the side of her face.

"Bradley Will Simpson, I will tell on you to my brother!" She said, causing us both to burst into fits of laughter.

Maddie calmed herself and turned to face me.

"Sorry about your hair." She said, trying not to laugh.

"Sorry about your cheek." I said, also trying not to laugh. I lifted my hand to wipe the worst of it away, and she tried to fix my hair, although most of it seemed to have got lost in the curls.

"You're cute, you know that right?" Maddie giggled, looking up at me.

"No, you're cute. And short." I said.

"I beg your pardon." Maddie said, pouting. Laughing, I placed my hand under her chin and lifted her head to kiss her. This seems so far fetched, this situation: us messing about and making cookies. But this is real. This is everything I've wanted out of a relationship. She's everything I've wanted. Shit man....