The Day After

Authors Note:

Happy New Year! I hope that you and your family is safe and I wish you the best for 2021! 

***

Hazel was staring blankly at the latest copy of Witch Weekly, her mind elsewhere as Tamika related to her the fight she'd just had with her boyfriend.

It's not like Hazel didn't care, it's just that Tamika and her boyfriend were always fighting. Hazel had started to think that maybe it was just their way of staying entertained. At the precise moment when she turned from page four to page five, she heard Tamika give out a gut-wrenching sob, and Hazel looked up from the magazine quickly to see what was causing her friend's distress. Oh dear, she thought, looks like they really have broken up this time.

Marcus McDonald, Tamika's now former-boyfriend, had just entered the common room with his arm around a very pretty fourth year called Stella Michelson. Hazel's attention was effectively drawn away from her own messed up love-life and she hastily ushered her friend up to their dorm room where she could cry her eyes out in privacy. Hazel hoped that she would never have to experience the heartbreak that Tamika was going through, and her stomach lurched at the thought of it all.

It was the middle of the morning, the day after Hazel had lost her virginity to Draco in the broom closet on the fourth floor corridor. The memory of his hands on her body was still fresh in her mind, and their rushed copulation had left her breathless and more than a little embarrassed. He had seemed to know exactly what to do, but even in the heat of the moment she'd felt awkward and artless. She had still enjoyed herself thoroughly, of course, but she worried that the experience might not have been as pleasurable for him. What scared her most however, was the thought that they had crossed a line into no-man's land. What their actions meant for their friendship, she had no idea, and where she normally would have asked her roommates for advice, she had been silent. They were dealing with their own problems, and from wailing emitting from Tamika's bed, Hazel guessed that now wasn't the best time to reveal she had slept with the Prince of Slytherin.

***

Draco was wrecked with anxiety. He had waited practically all morning in the Great Hall for a chance to see Hazel, but the Hufflepuff hadn't shown. 

After their little - um...session - had been over, they had redressed and tried their best to act normal as they made their way back to their respective common rooms, and Draco had immediately regretted his actions as soon as they parted. Currently he was enduring one of Professor Flitwick's long speeches on proper wand movements, and he winced as he remembered their parting. They had walked down five flights of stairs without touching once, and when they reached the T-junction where the corridor split off to the right for Slytherins and to the left for Hufflepuffs, Draco had turned to her and stiffly tried to hug her goodnight. Fuckkkkk, he'd felt so fucking stupid. It'd just made things even more uncomfortable between them and Draco had hoped that he could patch things up over breakfast, but Hazel hadn't shown up and he was forced to leave for his Charm's class.