Grimmauld Place

Author's note: that's just a cow I drew because my dad likes cows (:

———

Before she left for her Severus Snape's house, Hazel dedicated an insane amount of time and effort into restoring life to number 12 Grimmauld Place.

After spending hours outside, just trying to dig out the endless vines and weeds from a tiny patch of dirt, Hazel sat defeatedly on the front steps and drank the lemonade that Sirius had brought out for her.

"You're doing a smashing job, darling, really, but I have one suggestion," said Sirius from under his stylish sunglasses.

"Oh, yeah, what's that?" asked Hazel, who's eyes were glazed over as she jealousy took in every detail of the next door neighbour's pot plants. 

"Why don't you just use magic?" he asked, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Harry and I have already been sent a warning by the Ministry for using magic, and last year, when we blew up our aunt, the only reason they didn't expel us from Hogwarts was because they were convinced that you were trying to kill us first."

"Ok, fair enough," said Sirius, who kicked at one of the vines creeping up the front stair's railing. "But that was in a muggle house, you do know that if you did magic here, no one would know, right?"

"That's exactly something I would expect a Gryffindor to say."

"Well, that's exactly something that I would expect a Hufflepuff to say to a perfectly reasonable suggestion."

They heard a thump from inside. Hazel looked slightly alarmed.

"Oh, don't worry about that," said Sirius. "Harry's just having a go on my mechanical bull."

"Why do you have a mechanical bull, and why does Harry know about it and I don't?" said Hazel indignantly.

"Probably because it's a magical mechanical bull and you don't do that sort of thing," said Sirius, putting on a funny voice that made him sound like someone's grandmother.

There was another thump as Harry's body hit the floor.

"Persistant, that one," said Sirius.

"That's my brother," said Hazel with pride. "He'd get himself killed if we let him, never knows when to give up."

"Just like his father," said Sirius without thinking.

Hazel tried not to sound like she had been rehearsing her next question, and said, "Could you tell me more about my parents?"

Sirius didn't hesitate to comply, and joined Hazel on the steps. She listened to Harry being thrown off the mechanical bull as Sirius told her all sorts of wonderful things. He told her everything about her mum and dad; the things they liked; the things they did; the things they wanted; the things that annoyed them; the things that made them annoying; everything that Hazel could possibly want to know, and more.

"A bong? Are you sure?"

"Hogwarts was a different place back then. You could sneak anything in, if you tried hard enough, that is."

"But of all the things you could do with a bong," laughed Hazel.

"Well, your father wasn't the brightest flower, mind you. I thought that she would be furious, but when Lily saw those flowers, she actually laughed, which, let me tell you, was a rare thing for her to do when school rules were being broken."