Dance Lessons

In the week before the Christmas holidays officially started, Hazel had promised to help Ron with his dress suit that Mrs Weasley had sent him. 

In all honesty, Hazel sort of like how it made Ron look like he had time traveled from the Seventies, but apparently he didn't agree.

"I look like my Great-Aunt Tessie!" he cried in front of the mirror. "I smell like my Great-Aunt Tessie!"

"Don't worry, Ron, I know exactly what I have to do," said Hazel, as she pulled out a pair of shears from her satchel. 

Ron swallowed hard, and looked like he was having second  thoughts.

"Size 2," said Hazel, and her shears shrank down until they were the size of her hand. She grabbed Ron's hand and went to snip at the ruffles, but he had mistakenly thought that she was about to cut off his fingers for some reason, so he had yelped and drawn his hand back.

Harry laughed, and Ron told him to shut up.

"I'm not going to hurt you, you know, I have actually done this before," she said.

"Yeah," said Harry from across the room. "She's the one who cuts Snape's hair."

Ron started freaking out again, and Hazel told her brother to shut up.

"That's not funny, Harry," she said to him, but he couldn't hear her because he was too busy laughing at his own joke.

"Now, hold still," she said to Ron.

She gave him a stern look, and he didn't move when she reached for his frills again. Sniping and tearing away the fabric, she was done in almost two minutes. 

"Now, your body is a little—flatter—in some places compared to whoever own this suit before you, so I'm going to have to take in it a bit," she said, looking pointedly at his stomach. She pulled out some pins and started sticking them in. Ron started getting edgy again, so she decided to make some small talk.

"So, have either of you dorks managed to find dates yet?"

"Oh, yeah," said Harry.

"The Patil twins," said Ron nervously.

"Oh? They're quite pretty—weird that they wouldn't have had dates already—"

"What d'you mean?" asked Ron hotly, momentarily forgetting that Hazel could stab him with a pin at any moment.

"I just mean that the two of you left it rather late to be asking people to the Ball—"

"Well, not every has "super amazing boyfriends", Hazel," said Ron, quoting from her earlier.

"Well, Ronald, you have very pretty eyes, I'm sure that I could probably get you a super amazing boyfriend, too, if you wanted me too—"

"Oh shut up," he muttered under his breath. Hazel let it slide, because technically she had provoked him.

"I heard that they were supposed to get the Weird Sisters to play, so at least the music is going to be good, as for the drinks—"

"No drinking," said Harry quickly from the other side of the room.

"What do you mean?" said Hazel. "I was going to say, as for the drinks, Dumbledore's making sure that everyone only gets two glasses of champagne."

"You know what I mean, Hazel. You're a terrible drunk."

"Excuse me," she said indignantly, putting her hands on her hips. "I've never been drunk a day in my life."