Party in the Woods

First off, let me apologize to the ~50 people who managed to read all these chapters... so sorry guys! I haven't been updating because my life is kinda crazy rn

___

Hazel swayed to the music as best she could, but her head felt lighter than a helium balloon and she hardly noticed that she was falling over until she was halfway to the ground. A strong pair of arms wrapped around her and swiftly pulled her back up, refusing to release her even after she steadied herself. Lightly protesting, she tried to push away whoever it was holding onto her, but they were too strong for her - or maybe she was too drunk. Whatever the case was, it was getting annoying, and Hazel seriously considered cursing them out. 

No one else at the party seemed to notice. It was quite dark out there in the forest. She had wandered too far out from the bonfire, and the shadows started lurching towards her. Despite her protestations, her captor began to lead them further away from the fire, and the sick feeling in Hazel's stomach grew even bigger as she felt their hands straying over her body.

"Fuck off, you fucking pervert!" she managed to spit out, still half slumped in their arms.

"Relax," they soothed, "I'm just trying to help you-"

Hazel cut them short by twisting around to face them. When she couldn't figure out where she'd seen them before, she reached up towards their face and aggressively pulled them in for a kiss. This surprised them, but after only a moment's hesitation they happily complied, loosening their grip. Hazel seized her chance, and coincidentally, also seized their ballsack, gripping it tight and twisting it as best she could. The fucker let out a loud yelp and tried to pry off her hands from their bodily appendages, but much to their distress she had a power grip fuelled by Fire Whiskey and 10 months of bottled up anger. It was only when some of the nearby party-goers had ran up to them concernedly that she let go. As soon as she did so, her assailant scampered off into the darkness. In his confusion and pain he made the mistake of running off right into the Centaur's territory, where he would spend the rest of the night wracked with anxiety and fear. 

"What's going on?" asked one of the girls that had just reached Hazel. "Who was that? What happened? Are they ok? Where are they going?"

Hazel pushed past the girl and stumbled back towards the bonfire in search for one of her friends. Everything was still a bit of a blur and the adrenaline rush wasn't helping things. Grabbing onto the first person she recognized, she said loudly over the music, "Let's go home - I'm tired!"

Poor Neville had been waiting for an excuse to leave ever since Lee Jordan tried to convince him to walk through the fire while under a fire-resistance charm. Neville hadn't done it, of course, but it still made him uneasy to think about. He was more than glad to help Hazel get back to the castle, and on their way out they managed to pick up a few others who were also ready for bed. By the time they reached the boarder between the school grounds and the forest, they had formed a train of six people, more than half of whom were intoxicated to some extent. Neville was surprised that Draco Malfoy didn't make up a part of their group, seeing as how close he and Hazel had become of late. He said as much to Hazel, who simply yelled out some profanity in response and began mumbling something incomprehensible under her breath. 

Tristan Thompson, a fourth year who had a tendency to make a total ass of himself, managed to sidle up on Hazel's other side, sandwiching her between him and Neville. 

"What the fuck do you want?" spat Hazel, pushing the twirp off her - this time successfully.

"Woah, relax Potter, just trying to help Longbottom lug your fat ass up this hill" said Thompson, putting his hands up defensively.

"Why don't you and all you other fucking bastards just fuck right off to fucking hell!" yelled Hazel, turning around and addressing the bonfire party concealed among the trees. The others in the group looked up at her in shock, momentarily torn away from their own personal dramas in order to fully absorb the absurdity that was Hazel Potter; half sane and standing defiantly on pathway's steps, she started ranting about God knows what to the crowd of five. In her mind, she was knocking the patriarchy down a peg, taking shots at all the men with the audacity to think that they had any right to her body, her mind, and her emotions. Unfortunately for her, all that was really coming out was a bunch of gibberish, but the anger in her voice was clear, and for the rest of the walk back, no one dared to approach her. Only Neville was brave enough to offer her a hand every time she tripped over an exposed root or an invisible rock.

What seemed like an eternity later, Hazel was collapsing on one of the Hufflepuff common room's couches, face down in the cushions and with one of her shoes still half on. It was a Saturday morning, but the sun would only be rising in five hours, so the room was bathed in darkness. The dying embers in the hearth looked like the Devil's eyes, providing no light, only emphasizing the darkness further. It was absolutely splendid sleep conditions, or it would have been, if it weren't for the fact that a new batch of Hufflepuffs seemed to stumble into the room every half hour. Every once and a while someone would almost sit on her, and at some point in the night someone had kindly thrown a blanket over her as she slept. 

When Hazel did wake up she couldn't help but wince as memories of the previous night flooded her mind. That, and the fact that she had a crick in her neck made it a very painful awakening indeed.

She tried to push herself up into a sitting position, but her muscles ached so badly that she gave up and fell back onto the couch, only this time she tried to lie on her back instead of her face. 

"Christ, you look like death" said a voice from above her.

Hazel only grunted in response. She didn't have the energy for banter. Not today. Not after last night. On the other hand, she felt a deep need to talk to someone about what had happened. Not about that boy at the end - no, no, about Draco.

She couldn't talk about Draco to Nico di Angelo though, so she just rolled over onto her side and buried her head deeper into the couch pillows in order to avoid his gaze.

"Good morning!" sang a cheerful Leo Valdez as he descended the stairs. Several Hufflepuffs audibly groaned from around the common room, and one even half-heartedly threw a pillow at him. Evidently, Hazel wasn't the only one who couldn't make it all the way to her room last night. 

---

Leave comments! What do you guys think of the update? Do you like the direction it's going in or...?