The Yule Ball

Hazel's POV

Breath. Just breath.

I'll be fine—I am fine, there's nothing wrong, I'm overreacting.

Haha, yes, overreacting.

It's just a dance—whoops, almost slipped on that step—darn these stupid heels.

OK, OK, one more set of stairs, and then it's done—I'll be fine. Angelo said he'll be waiting for me at the Entrance Hall. Just this one last set of stairs, and then no more stairs for the rest of the night!

Oh, hey, I can see Ron and Harry! I'm quite glad about how Ron's suit turned out—I dare say he'll be able to wear it again in the future, though Merlin only knows when that will be. 

Anddddddd, there, the last step. I did it! I went down the steps without falling! Although, if I had just gotten ready in my own dorm room then this wouldn't have been an issue. But Ginny wanted my 'expertise' beauty skills to help her prepare for the dance, even though the only thing I know about 'beauty' is how to make the products. I was totally useless, but Ginny's roommates came in for the save—and they were pretty helpful, trying to teach us how to apply the products in a way that didn't mess our faces up. I had no idea that you were supposed to do your hair before your makeup—I honestly never considered that it mattered, but apparently, it did.

Whatever, it's not like I'm ever going to—Oh My Gosh, Angelo!!

Oh, he is so handsome! His shoulders really fill out that suit nicely, and woah, I would have never guessed that his hair could look that good when it wasn't messily hanging about his eyes. He has a pretty good hairline—that's always an important factor to consider, because you don't want to pass on bad genes to your children. Whoops, I promised myself that I would stop imagining what our children would look like—one of the older girls told me that the first step to heartbreak is assuming that you are going to be together forever. I think she's just cynical, but she probably has a point.

Awww, that's so sweet, he's bowing and kissing my hand again! That's such a gentlemanly thing to do—why don't the guys at Hogwarts do that? 

Oh, wow, everyone is staring at us—I mean, yeah, I know we're hot, but jeez, this is a little off-putting. Is my hair messed up, or something? I mean, it must be me—Angelo looks like a Roman God—which, excitingly enough, he probably could be, what with being from Italy and all. I once asked him if he was by any chance a descendant of a Demi-God, and he said no, but he quickly changed the subject after that and I noticed that he always got a little uncomfortable when I mentioned mythology of any kind after that, which makes the irrational part of me think that he is definitely a descendant of the Roman Gods.

When he saw that I was reading that Greek mythology book that Hermione gave me, he straight up laughed in my face. I told him about seeing someone using a rainbow to communicate, and his beautiful face turned pale shade of yellow and he couldn't speak for a few seconds. I didn't say anything, but my eyes must have told him that I suspected something, because he tried to play it all off like he was tired from all the exercises that his Principal, Igor Karkaroff, was making him do, and that his brain was just lagging a bit because he's ADHD. I excitedly told him that I'm ADD, and he seemed surprised, but in a sort of happy, relieved kind of way. Afterwards, his behaviour became more relaxed around me, and I think that he must have been stressing himself out about what I thought of him and his weird behaviour. Obviously, I couldn't care less that he was an awkward little baby sometimes, because I was too. I'm just glad that he's not perfect, because that would make it really hard for me, because then I would have to act like I'm perfect.